Night of the hunters, part 1.1

Mila's Pov:

It's been all day since we had seen Astrid, I hadn't been too worried about her when she wasn't back when me and Hiccup woke up. It's not uncommon for her to go flying before everyone is awake because she would be back before Snotlout would be awake and he is always the last to get up.

But when noon came around, I wasn't too worried about her then either, she is a strong Viking woman and nothing can stop her. so I thought she wanted a just her and Stormfly day. So I didn't think much of it, Hiccup was getting however really worried for her when she wasn't back and I had to remind him that Astrid would be fine.

So when the sun was setting and we already ate dinner, I was getting pretty worried, this was so unlike her. if she was staying out any longer then dinner, she would have left a note in the clubhouse or on the door to her hut, but nothing. I couldn't help but fear that something had happened to her.

"Still no sign of 'em? They're probably out exploring and lost track of time." Fishlegs cuts the silence, coming to stand next to Hiccup.

My worries were ging haywire, mostly since I could hear the storm rolling around and the strong gusts of wind hissing over the ocean, if she got hurt or Stormfly got hurt, that would mean that this storm could possibly be their end.

"She's never been gone all day like this. Not without telling someone." Hiccup says worriedly for his best friend.

"You remember when she didn't show up for her own party 'cause she was setting up a defensive perimeter around Berk." Fishlegs tries to reason and make the situation less dire or bad as it seems.

"Yeah." Hiccup says turning to Fishlegs.

"Or the time, she decided to practice her late night axe-throwing and surprised silent Sven in the woods." Fishlegs says before thinking about that event.

Okay, Astrid had been that fight and dangerous for as long as she has been alive I see. Good to know that you should never disturb Astrid while she is axe throwing.

"Yes, Fishlegs." Hiccup says before Fishlegs cuts in and continues talking.

"No I don't think he recovered from that. And there was that time..." Fishlegs says absentmindedly while still speaking about that event.

"Thank you, Fishlegs for trying to make me feel better but this is different, there is something wrong, I can feel it." Hiccup says before I turn back to look at the heavy storm that is raging in the distance.

I really, really hope that Astrid and Stormfly are okay out there. it would be so bad if one of them got hurt or maybe both. I don't know what I would do if that were the case. I want to go out there and try to find her, I have a gut feeling that if we don't, things might get worse.

"You know if anyone is equipped to survive out there, it is Astrid." Fishlegs says before I but in.

"He's got a point, but a storm like that, no one can survive that. we have to search for her." I say pointing to the storm in the distance.

"No you're right Fishlegs. But Mila's right too, we're gonna find her anyway." Hiccup says before he gets on Toothless to gather all the other riders.

~*~*~*~

It's raining heavily, thunder raging around us like Thor is having mood swings. Can't he just calm down for a second, no need to direct his fury upon us, last time I checked I didn't do anything to anger the gods, or maybe it was Snotlout or the twins, only god knows how mad the gods could be with them.

My eyesight is hindered by the heavy rain but still I can search over the waves of the ocean to see logs and other debris drifting around but nothing of it looks like Astrid or an alive creature for that matter.