Chapter: 37

⚠️mentions of mental illness and child abuse⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

Chan let Jeongin stay the night. It was a movie night for them in his room. Chan opened his arms waiting for Jeongin to join him. He smiled and laid on his chest. Chan flipped through the movies trying to decide on what movie to watch.

"This one?" Chan asked Jeongin shook his head no "mmm this one?" He asked again, he shook his head "what about this one?" Jeongin shook his head no, "ugh there nothing good to watch" Chan dramatically whined.

Jeongin smiled and took the remote from him, "how about we just rest and talk" he suggested, "ok want to listen to some music?" Chan asked Jeongin, nodded, and Chan played some music in the background.

Jeongin got up, "I'll get some snacks" he smiled. Chan nodded watching him walk out the room.

Jeongin walked to the kitchen and grabbed some chips, he opened one of the cabinets looking for a large bowl he could put the snacks in but he opened the wrong cabinet. A pill bottle fell and Jeongin held out his hand , catching it.

Alprazolam? Chan has anxiety?

Jeongin looked at the date these were refilled a few months ago. They still don't look used, there are still a lot in there. Jeongin silently put the bottle back and got the bowls ready.

"Here you go," he smiled. Chan pulled Jeongin back in his arms and snuggled up to him. "Hey I have a question and I'm sorry if it's personal" Jeongin started Chan nodded bestie

"Do you take medication for anxiety? I was getting bowls I opened the wrong cabinets and a pill bottle dropped it said alprazolam" Jeongin said

"Oh yeah I have anxiety and other things that I've overcome" Chan said rubbing his wrist, "can I ask what they are?" He said "it's not that bad just depression I don't take pills for that anymore though" Chan explained

Jeongin nodded, "what about the anxiety ones?", "Oh I just forgot to take them," Chan said, sniffing a laugh Jeongin eyes went wide, "do you need to take them?" He asked "I can live without them, don't worry" Jeongin frowned at that.

"I promise I'll be ok. The reason I got those was because my anxiety was so high I couldn't function right. I didn't know how to control my emotions or a coping mechanism that was healthy but I do now. Yes I still have anxiety but it's not because I can't function. I don't take them because I don't need them anymore same with my depression meds" Chan said pulling him into a hug

"Ok I'm just making sure you're ok" Jeongin said, laying back on Chan's chest. "Are there any more things you need to tell me?" He asked and Chan smiled, "well my parents were abusive and left to fend for ourselves when I was 15" he said with jazz hands Jeongin mouth dropped.

He was speechless like what the Fuck?

"But that was 3 years ago and I'm ok now. Let's just lay down, I don't wanna get into the details" Chan said Jeongin nodded, laying down with him hugging him like a Koala.

"Hey Chan?" Jeongin called out, "Hm?" He asked "this may be too soon to say but I love you" saying that felt like relief for him. He's been wanting to say that for weeks now

Chan's smile became so wide hearing that, "I love you too" he said, hugging him a little tighter as if he'd disappear.

They fell asleep together, their minds at ease.

I'm so sad :(((
-nebe