Chapter: 38

Some fluff

Being out together in public was still a bit of a struggle for Jeongin, and Chan as well. Their dating wasn't a secret to anyone who knew them these days, and they were both comfortable to some extent. But there was always some concern around whether or not someone would take it the wrong way.

Luckily as the two held hands on their way out of the mall no one batted an eye, and left them alone. They had been doing more shopping lately as Jeongin began to experiment with his style, feeling more freedom to do so with Chan's encouragement.

The two boys walked home happily, and Jeongin felt as if his huge smile would split his face in half, "Someone's happy", Chan teased playfully.

Jeongin shot him a playful glare, "Well duh, I just went shopping with the most amazing boyfriend in the world. Of course I'm happy", Chan giggled at that.

"I'm happy you're happy, I love seeing you smile", Chan complimented.

Jeongin blushed slightly, "Thank you, and I love seeing you smile too. It always makes me feel safe". Jeongin unconsciously gripped the other boy's hand tighter.

Chan rubbed his thumb over Jeongin's hand soothingly. "Everything's okay now. We're going to be okay, I promise" he reassured. Though Chan didn't specify what he was talking about, Jeongin knew he was referring to Yun.

A shiver ran through him, and painful memories threatened to swarm his mind again, but one soothing caress from Chan had his mind back at ease. Everything's fine now, he mentally repeated

Jeongin bounced up the steps as Chan followed behind him, before opening the door as the two stepped inside. Jeongin did most of the buying, though Chan did grab a shirt or two. As Chan sat the bags down, Jeongin sifted through them and began to grab certain items.

There were some short cut shirts, with flowery designs on them. A pink shirt with a cute design, various stickers and even a skirt. Looking at what he'd purchased, Jeongin began to feel wary. Maybe this is too much, he thought bitterly.

"Are you going to try them on?" Chan asked. Jeongin nodded, "Yeah sure."

Perhaps this would put his mind at ease. He grabbed one of the bags and headed for the bathroom.

It didn't take Jeongin long to change into the outfit, the short long sleeve pink shirt was definitely his favorite from the bunch, but he fiddled with the skirt. It wasn't super short, and it was pink like the shirt, but Jeongin kept feeling as if it was too much.

He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled. He looked cute, he told himself. As he kept staring at his reflection, some of his anxiety faded, he felt comfortable in these clothes, and it wasn't anything too jarring.

"Jeongin?" Chan called from the living room, "Are you okay?".

Jeongin gave himself one last glance in the mirror before exiting the bathroom and heading to the living room. Chan was reading a book on the couch but looked up once he entered. He looked shocked at first, before he blushed and smiled.

"You look amazing!", he complimented. Jeongin felt himself blush as well, "Thank you", he mumbled. Chan got up and walked towards him, "How do you feel?" he asked.

"I feel comfortable, the clothes are cute too. I think I'll keep them", he replied. Chan smiled, "I'm happy you're comfortable, and I'm glad to see you experimenting with your style. I don't want you to ever feel like you can't wear what you'd like to around me, or anyone else"

Jeongin smiled and giggled, "I know, and thank you for this. For being so supportive", he gave Chan a kiss on the cheek, "I really appreciate it"

The other boy's face turned redder and Jeongin smiled. He couldn't remember ever feeling comfortable enough to try different styles with Yun.

Yun was always too scared of others seeing him and Jeongin in public, mainly his parents, and kept teling Jeongin they'd be suspicious if he wore anything to feminine.

But he didn't have to worry about that with Chan, he was free to express himself however he wanted, to wear whatever he wanted, to be himself.

Jeongin pulled Chan in for a hug, and Chan wrapped his arms around him in a warm embrace. The two stayed that way for a while, and Jeongin laid his head on Chan's chest.

He smiled as he remembered what Chan had said earlier, Everythings gonna be okay.