Steal him from you

TW: panic attacks :)

The marauders were sitting in the common room in front of the fireplace, "when is our first exam?" James asked. "I think next week? Merlin, I'm not ready." Sirius answered. Remus wasn't fully paying attention,  but listening to all the exam talk is making Remus a little nervous; he was getting sweaty and got cold at the same time.
He sat up, deciding to go for a walk.
"Moony, where are you going?" Sirius questioned
"Forgot my book in the library, will be back quick." "Wait for me then I'm coming with you," Sirius said as he was standing up "no, it's alright you can stay." "Oh. Alright then."

Remus left the common room and was just walking trying to find a quiet corridor. He is not ready for the exams at all, he is going to fail and they are going to kick him out of Hogwarts, and he be a disappointment to everyone he is going to disappoint his mum his teachers, and dumbledore who would probably get in trouble for letting him -a failed werewolf- be in Hogwarts anyway-
"Shit, sorry," he just walked into someone, "watch where you are- oh, Lupin." "hi, Regulus. Sorry, didn't mean to."
Regulus stared at Remus for a second and turned to the boy next to him "go ahead, I will see you in the common room." when the boy left Regulus looked back at Remus, "are you alright?" He asked Remus, who didn't realize how hard it was to breathe he was practically gasping, his heart was racing and his hands were numb but shaking "yeah fine." Regulus didn't look convinced "alright come here." he guided Remus towards the wall "sit down. Muffliato." he sat down next to Remus who was starting to feel dizzy and tried to take off his tie; it felt like it had never been tighter like it was squeezing his throat and he couldn't get any air in. "Okay, hey listen to me alright?  Take a deep breath," his voice was soft and steady  "I...cant" he tried but he really couldn't. "In through your nose, out through your mouth," Remus did just that, it wasn't helping "s' not working." "that's alright, just try again, it takes a bit. You are safe, you are okay, nothing bad is going to happen." he calmed down a little, and his breathing got more regulated. "Sorry about this." "don't worry about it...I get these sometimes, Sirius tried to help me one time by feeding me chili peppers. " Both he and Regulus laughed a little "what? Why did he even think of that?" "I think it was a way to distract me but mostly, he probably was just being an arsehole. Oh also, if you have anything sweet eat it, it helps." "he is an ass sometimes, isn't he?" Remus said taking out a chocolate frog from his pocket "How is he doing?" Remus knew that the two brothers haven't talked since Sirius ran away during the summer "he is doing well...he misses you, doesn't say it but it's obvious."

"You fancy him, don't you?" Remus was taken aback by that and almost choked on his chocolate "what?!" he looked at Regulus who was smirking "you have a crush on Sirius." it wasn't a question, he was stating. "No-I dont have a crush on- I'm not-" "please, it's so obvious." Remus sighed "look, even if I did...it doesn't matter, it's not like he is, well ya know." Regulus laughed "Merlin, you're clueless, you would have to be a fool to not see it." "What are you talking about?" "So you're telling me you never notice the way he looks at you? The way he smiles when you walk into a room?" Remus stayed silent because honestly, he didn't even know what to say "you know during the summer, he never talks about any of his friends, but since his first year the only person he would talk about is you, and you know he draws right?" Remus nodded "he doesn't tell anyone, one time I saw his sketchbook, and most if not all of it was filled with drawings of you, which is a little creepy on his part but still sorta adorable." He felt himself blushing a little "yeah but-" "listen, I know Sirius, I wouldn't be telling you this if I didn't think it was true. I bet you 10 galleons that he will come looking for you in a bit." Remus had millions of thoughts going through his head "yeah if what you're saying is true...why me though?" "Holy fucking shit, are you joking?" Remus shook his head no "Lupin, you really have no idea how attractive you are? Almost everyone in school had or has a crush on you, including some boys might I add." Okay now Remus was really confused "to be honest I dont think it's only a crush, he has been properly in love with you like since fourth year or something but I dont think he realizes it yet." "Did anyone else figure it out? I mean me?" "No, I haven't heard anything, so just me." Remus noticed Regulus's accent was a little more aristocratic than Sirius's
Someone was approaching them, "Moony!"
"You owe me 10 galleons" Regulus smirked and undid the Muffliato charm so Sirius can hear them.
"You were late so I wanted to see if everything is okay." "I'm fine, was just talking with Regulus." Sirius didn't seem to notice Regulus, who was now standing up "hello brother. Dont worry about me, I'm about to leave." "Hi Reggie," Sirius smiled softly at him. Regulus was walking away "get the hell on with it, Lupin"
Sirius asked Remus "what's that about?" "Nothing, help me up?" Remus was blushing a little but hoped that Sirius wouldn't notice as he pulled him from his hand. "Wait, Reggie?" Regulus stopped and turned to them "Yes?" "Do you want to hang out with us for a little in the common room? It's getting late so it's just us four and a couple more students," Regulus looked like he hesitated a little but said yes and walked towards them. "Oh, Remus, here." Sirius handed him a bulky napkin "what's this?" "Well, you didn't eat much during dinner, so I went to the kitchen to bring you some food to the library. Speaking of, did you get your book?" Shit, Remus forgot about that "uh no I remembered I have it in our dorm." Remus opened the napkin and started eating whatever was in there to avoid answering questions.
"Sirius, stop asking the poor lad questions, what if he was with a girl and you would've interrupted them?" Remus almost choked again but was grateful for Regulus's interference "for one, last time I checked you weren't a girl, second, Remus would tell us, wouldn't you, moony?" "Absolutely not." Remus said with food still in his mouth, he heard Sirius gasp dramatically "betrayal." Remus rolled his eyes "why would I tell you what I'm doing with a girl?" "Now lupin has a point there, brother." "Because we are the marauders, also James, Peter, and I always tell you." "Right, and I absolutely hate it when you do that."
"Okay fine. No more girls talk, but what were you two talking about?" "That would be, none of your Business, brother dear." Remus was glad Regulus was answering because he couldn't think of any lies "were you talking about me?" "Yes because our world revolves around you, you fucking drama queen." Remus said Sirius sighed "I asked to be loved, instead I'm being cruelly attacked by my brother and my best friend." "Mm the world is such a cruel place, isn't it, lupin?" "Oh just so cruel." "Oh fuck off both of you," Sirius said as he pushed them both playfully, Remus high-fived Regulus and then flipped Sirius off. "I don't like this." "Dont worry brother dear. I won't steal Lupin." Remus might have been imagining it but Sirius was blushing? "Shut up, Reggie."
Once they got to the common room, James and Peter greeted Regulus, they went to sit down again near the fireplace "I always forget how warm it's in your common room." "Lads guess what our dear moony said?" James looked up when Remus said, "for fuck's sake Sirius it's not a big deal." "NO LET ME, Remus said that if he ever got with a girl he wouldn't tell us." "I just dont think you guys need to know. Cue the gasp." James did gasp "Moony!! How dare you?" Regulus turned to Remus "and I thought Sirius is dramatic." "Honestly at this point, I'm not sure how you handled Sirius for 15 years."
They played exploding snaps, drank tea, and talked about random stuff. Remus decided to start reading, which he wasn't really doing he was thinking of what Regulus told him, is it true? And if it was should Remus do something about it? He would probably fuck it up tho- Regulus nudged him gently and whispered "look who is staring at you." Remus looked up and caught Sirius staring, he quickly looked away when he realized Remus saw him. He smiled a little going back to his book, alright maybe-maybe- Regulus is right. "What are you reading?" "It's a muggle's story, Romeo and Juliet." "What's it about?" Regulus seemed to be genuinely interested "it's about these two teenagers who love each other but their families are like enemies. I dont usually read stuff like this but I'm almost out of books." "Do you mind if I borrow it? I can show you some of my books too." "Oh yeah totally! I'm about to be done anyways." "Hey, Sirius! I might've been joking about stealing Lupin from you earlier but I'm not anymore!" "Oi, piss off Reggie he is ours." "I dont know, Sirius. Regulus and I seem to be best friends now." "I agree with Remus, we got the less cool black brother." James added, "oh not you to Prongs."
"Shit, it's curfew." "Aw precious Reggie is cursing and breaking the rules, they grow up so fast ." Regulus gave Sirius the middle finger "I have to go back." Regulus stood up and was about to leave but Sirius stopped him and wrapped his arms around his waist, Regulus looked a little surprised but then hugged him back. "Come again sometime next week, we are always here,  or at the library, alright?" Regulus was smiling "alright. Oh and, Lupin!" "Yeah?" "Again, get the hell on with it, now!" Remus couldn't help but smile "got it," they all said bye to Regulus and then Peter asked Remus "what did he mean?" "I want to know too but they won't tell me what they talked about" Remus stood up and walked towards the stairs "as my new best friend said "it's none of your business". Good night lads."

Have some Remus and Regulus because their friendship is totally underrated <3