captain america: the first avenger pt 1

athena's pov

i was sitting in my spot in the school, watching out into the nearest military installation. it's not like i was a creep trying to hunt for military secrets or something, but staring into buildings was my pastime.

"athena! put your focus back in class! don't make me tell you that again or you gain another detention!" the strictest teacher, the only english teacher in the school, mr shrobeil yelled at me. i was out dreamwalking again. i continued to stare out of the window again, not caring about what he was saying about english, since i've known how to do the questions that he was talking all about. i continued looking off intot he installation right next to me. on the grounds, some military people were exercising, perhaps preparing for battle that was about to happen. which was almost every second of the day. in the year 1941, that was just so common, the world having plunged into world war ii. i looked out, some were doing pushups, the grown-up ones, not the kids ones, and some were running around the court. i knew that they must've been doing a long distance, since i've heard the distant yells of '4 miles' in the field. but one particular person caught my eye the most. i knew that he was just going to collapse, downright onto the ground, as i heard the instructor yell at him to pick up his pace and that he was more than a half way behind than the others. it was a pity; i would never want to join the army if i had a choice. 

i looked out into the window, remembering my own origin story. i had just appeared outside a seemingly abandoned factory that made textiles. i caught a passerby and he told me that the reason of the abandonment of all the factories that day was because of... the newly invented game of something by the name of 'basketball', which was played in hoops. a huge crash snapped me back to the present. i had heard a crash coming from the military base, when i realised that it was just someone dropping a huge crate of food staples. 

i came to my senses and was just in time for the bell. recess was coming.

i put all my books into my very small and torn backpack that i had foraged from the woods that i had walked to get enrolled into this school. my usual thing to do was to sit down and look at the base, the people training, the transportation going in and out of the base, carrying people and goods, and not to mention the fact that there were the occasional civilian visitor. 

this time, it was the latter. there was a horse-pulled cart pulling up at the front end of the gate, and out stepped a group of people, which definitely didn't have a way of fitting into the whole cart without being squished, but i didn't know how it was possible. 

"how's the subject doing?" what subject? that puzzled me. there was no way that this military base could be a lab for an experiment or something, but i knew that there was something not right about the base. 

"he's doing just fine." the woman said, and led them into the base. i had stared at them for a long time while they talked, and they had finally realised that my gaze had bore into them. one woman in particular; the one looking the most ordinary of the bunch, the least royalish of the whole group.

she looked into me, and i looked into her eyes. they were brown, unlike mine, which was electric blue. she had everything that screamed normal in 1941. she was curled brown hair, light brown, close to blonde hair, and she was in a green skirt, looking very feminine-like. 

she opened her mouth for a but, just for a second, i thought that she was trying to say something to us, but then her mouth closed, and she walked off without saying a word of me to her companions. well, that was my fifteen minutes of break, wasted away just because of me looking at the group of people going into the military base. 

daisy's pov

i was just sitting in the very rocky carriage, pulled by horses, right next to the rest of the SHIELD agents. being me, it's not easy being a female in this time. i know this because i have been travelling across time. we had first landed in 1931, and then freaked out at the change that the world has gone through. and now i had seen this time, and we arrived at the base that we were tasked to go into to monitor some sort of experiment that was going on in the thick walls. after a 30-minute, very bumpy ride, we had arrived at the base. it was nothing like the other bases that i've ever been in. it was just so primitive that i didn't even know that something like that existed. 

i stepped off the carriage along with the rest of the team, namely mack, may, coulson, yo-yo, deke, fitz, simmons and me. 

"how's the experiment going?" simmons asked the officer who was tasked with us. 

"he's fine." there was something not right about this whole place, it was as if someone, or something was watching us. mack saw my silence, but he decided not to ask for the reason. good for him, as i myself didn't know why either. 

i looked around and realised that there was a school right next to us. i guess that it was because of the uncomfortable appearance of it, probably, but i regretted thinking that. it, perhaps, was because of a kid sitting on the front steps, watching us. i looked at her, and she looked at me, and we seemed to exchange something in common. i wanted to go and talk to her, but opening my mouth, i realised that it might be a mistake. i looked at her for one last time and i walked into the military base with the others. that, was my first time meeting with that extraordinary girl. 

****************************************************************

a/n

hey all, 

here goes the first chapter of my imagines!! hope that you like it and stay tuned for the next parts!!! 

see you all in the next chapter!!!

~skye