captain marvel pt 3

vers pov

i let the newcomers tag along with us, but somehow, they were looking at nick weirdly. was he famous or wanted by them> i decided not to find out just yet, but eventually i had to. but for some reason, i knew that i could trust daisy johnson, the other woman with powers that i didnt get her to show yet. shes pretty powerful, i could see, from the others' looks and how they cared a lot about her, like an invaluable asset. on the other hand, there was the kid that was the unknown factor. daisy and the rest of the people werent talking to her, for some unknown reason, maybe they didnt want her tagging along their little gang, since they seemed to exclude her from everything, their plans, their ploys. 

"hey." i said, motioning the kid to come up and talk to me while i led them back to where i belonged in. 

"yeah?" it was the first time that i heard her talk. that reminded me of a kid that i had a very foggy memory of. she was just like her, small, with a really small voice, an introvert. 

"athena, is it?"

"yes." 

"i'm vers. i dont know if you've actually heard me introduce myself to the others."

"i have. i listen to things, its just that people dont know what i can do. so im the unknown factor here. i dont even know what i can do. and i dont know how to control what i can do. thats why they seemingly isolate me." she said, leaving a lot of gaps in between some of her words. 

"i know how it feels like, and eventually they will know what you can do, and so will you." i said, comforting the kid, and she smiled at me for a bit.

"thanks, vers." she said, smiling. 

"i was a flight pilot before i became this person with powers. we were testing some jets, and it went horribly wrong. it crashed, and i got the powers after i tried to destroy the core. but everything is foggy. i dont know who attacked and shot us down, and all that i remember is me lying on a surgery table with blood implanting ivs connected to me."

"thats... unfortunate. i dont even know what i am. i just know that i had unintentionally brought them all to here."

"wait. what?"

"were not fro  this area, per se."

"you travelled between space?"

"not space. different areas."

"explains it." i said and walked into the door. for some reason, this house did have something that i could remember. a kid. and an adult. black. i remember that they were... close to me. but who exactly were they? i had completely no idea. 

"who are they?"

"dont know." i heard people whisper behind me. 

"monica!" i yelled, and a blur came barrelling towards me. i hugged the kid and the others looked at me, confused. 

"a kid of a friend of mine." 

"i see."

"carol?" ah. the voice that i was hoping not to hear. 

"wait. are you... carol or vers?"

"i dont really know. she started calling me that, but im known as vers, for some reason. so... its really confusing." i said, and daisy nodded as if she understood.

"i mean, i was mary sue poots for a while, then skye and now im going by daisy, which is my birth name, by the way."

"we all have confusing names." the newcomer said. 

"mom! can i have ice cream?" the kid asked, and something wasnt right. i dont know what wasnt right, but there was this feeling inside me that something bad was going to happen.