captain marvel pt 2

daisy's pov

i was staring into the eyes of my old employer, which was very creepy. i didnt know why he was here, but i decided to ask him what he was doing. 

"what are you doing here? business? since this store looks abandoned to us all."

"we're on business. ever heard of the skrulls? somehow i think that you guys are trustworthy." the woman asked. 

"no, we haven't."

"they are creatures that can morph and change into whoever they want. the last time i saw one, it turned into my splitting image, stunned me, and went off, spooked by me on his trail."

"how do you get into all of this?" i asked the woman, by the name of vers, which completely didnt feel right. 

"i... i survived an airplane crash, and woke up somewhere else that i didnt even know of. turns out that it was space. i was a military jet fighter b efore that happened. i was testing a new prototype plane with a modified engine. some sort of better energy efficiency and longer flight times." i knew that she was hiding something. she just wasnt staring at me or wasnt in shock in how much we didnt know. 

"i think that youre lying." coulson said suddenly. 

"what?"

"dont accuse me of lying." she said, starting to flare up in anger. only... i could see the slight bluish-orangish glow manifesting in her eyes. 

"you have powers?" i wondered out loud. everyone was silent, and the bar seemed to drop a whole lot in temperature. 

"how did you know?" she asked, sighing, breaking the ice.

"some of it went up into your eyes when you wer snapping at us. thats all."

"believe me, i know what it feels like." i said. 

"you dont have them. dont play the sympathy card. please."

"how do you know that i dont?" i said. 

"you... do?" she said in shock. 

"just not your kind of powers. mine... are a bit more obscure, more... i dont really know how to explain it, but yeah. i do have powers."

"maybe thats what made me pick you up on my radar and made me decide to trust you." she said. well, thats a relief. she wasnt much of a threat to our mission here, whatever it was. 

maybe it was helping her defeat the skrulls or something, i dont even know. but athena brought us here for a reason. and i dont intend to leave this time until i figure this whole thing out and end it all. 

that vers person told us that she would have to meet up with her unit very soon, so i didnt even want to ask what was going happen, since well, we're up against aliens and with aliens, nothing can be sure, for a cert.

athena's pov

i didnt even know what to do, until daisy surprisingly softly touched me in the arm, motioning for me to follow her out. 

"what do you know about this time?" she asked. 

"i dont quite know a lot. but i think that... shes actually from an alien planet and she herself... i think shes from earth."

"but how did she acquire her powers?"

"i dont know either. many people have different ways of acquiring powers. care to share how you acquired yours?"

"i was in an alien temple underground. something exploded. i turned into stone, petrified, for a second, or for ten, and then the earth began to shake. i woke up. i didnt know what to do and i saw my friends face enclosed in stone. then i freaked out, and the whole temple was on the verge of collapsing and i finally made it out. thats the story. i still dont really remember what happened."

"those earthquakes... were those yours?"

"yes. and have i answered enough questions of yours?"

'yes. you wanna ask some questions? go on. ill see what i can do. after all, i dont even remember a lot of stuff about my whole life."

"where are you born in? were, sorry."

"i dont really remember."

"when were you born in?"

"i know, for a cert, that i was born in the 21st century, and somehow got ejected from that time to this time."

"do you know who your parents are?"

"i know one of them. my mom. her name was charlotte benson. died of cancer when i was three."

"do you know who your dad was?"

"i know, but he left me on the streets after mom died."

"do you know his name?"

"calvin something. i think its zabo. but i think that its not his real surname."

"whats his real surname, do you think?"

"according to my birth certificate that i had managed to steal, i would say johnson's his last name. that makes him calvin johnson." i saw daisy's face drain of all colour. 

"did i say something wrong?"

"n...no... i cant believe it."

"what?" it was my time to be surprised by her reaction to the name. 

"i didn't know my parents until i was 27. and... time for some family history time. my mom's name is jiaying, and she is a powered individual. my dad... his name is calvin johnson, also known as calvin zabo."

"wait... that means..."

"yes... say it."

"we're... siblings?!"

***********************************************************************

ARGHHHHHHH WHYYYYY ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING BUT ANYWAYS 

hope that you like it and please excuse my useless and stupid antics, i hope that i can post some more since its the second last day of my holidays and im going back to school *yeyyyyy* hope to see you all in the next chapter!!!

~skye