captain marvel pt 1

mack's pov

i was watching the battle unfold between steve rogers and red skull when everything turned blurry, and when my swarming vision recovered, we were somewhere else. and by we, the whole team was there. fitz, simmons, yo-yo, may, daisy, deke, coulson... i just didn't know who caused that change. 

there was this girl right next to us. did she cause this whole incident to happen?

"what's the time?" i asked everyone, and no one seemed to have a clock or a watch. no one seemed to know where we were at as well. 

"do you know where we are?" i asked, just to be sure, and the worst was confirmed. we were trapped in somewhere that we didn't even know of. 

"i... i'm sorry... i... i didn't me-mean to..." the girl stuttered. i knew that she looked familiar! but where did i see her before?

"a-athena?" daisy said in shock.

"wait, her name's athena?" i asked to daisy, who was withholding information from us all. 

"i didn't want you guys to frighten her so i asked her for her name, on my own. you guys can be... a tad bit intimidating at times." she said, and turned towards the kid. "do you know where are we? what caused this? how can we escape?"

the girl was silent for a moment. 

"forget it." deke said, and started off into the bar.

"1995." a silent voice rang out from behind us. the girl, athena, could finally speak to us. 

"what? that's like... five decades away from our dear steve rogers and peggy carter!"

"oh no, i hate time travel. these suck." fitz said, and simmons perked up at the sound of time travel. a nice bunch of scientists, eh. 

"we need to find out a way to get out of here." i was panicking so hard. 

daisy, the only one who was tending to the girl looked at me. something was up. i could tell from her gaze. 

"i don't think that we can go back."

"what?" moments of silence rippled through the whole team. i was speechless. before, time travelling to avoid the Chronicoms, and now, having a kid with no control over her own powers controlling time and space, it was really tough for the whole team, myself included. 

"she doesn't know how to control her powers, and it's not like i can teach her, i'm not jiaying, and not to mention the fact that i don't even know if i can teach her, or if it's just some inborn talent or something that no one could help with."

"there's this possibility, but how come we didn't age across time?"

"i don't know either." yo-yo said curiously. 

"come on, let's go and see what she sent us here for." we pushed the door into the Panchos bar, it was named. 

it was all in an antique style, after all, it was in the 1990s. i saw no one else behind the bar except for a huge man with a potbelly, polishing beer containers. 

there was no customers except for two people crouched over a table, talking ever so silently. 

"who are they?" i pointed to the bench, which seated a male and a female. they didn't want to attract any attention, but it seems like we were attracting their attention, staring at them for quite a long time.

"are you all skrulls?" the female asked, and we all frowned at the unfamiliar vocabulary. 

"skrulls?" i said, very much confused. 

"what's your name?" daisy asked the pair. surprisingly, they answered. 

"i'm carol danvers."

"i'm nick fury." wait. as in fury nick fury?

"nice to meet you. i'm daisy, that's mack, fitz, simmons, coulson, athena, may, yo-yo and deke. nice to meet you." it was just so weird having to introduce ourselves again to him, but i shouldered it and bore with it.

athena's pov

we were shipped off to somewhere in the future. 

you've proven yourself. are you happy?  i jumped into my mind palace. 

yes. 

now, how do we get out of here?

you don't. play by the rules. 

which are...

never mind, i'll be able to ship you off to somewhere else. oh, and i do hope that you enjoy my gift.

which is...

you'll see. use it in battle. 

the being inside me vanished again, leaving me alone. i had to break the hard news to the others. daisy, however, got my sorrows, and spared me from that pain. 

"we're not going back. just yet. we cannot, athena can't control it." she said disappointingly.

in her voice, i could hear something, as if she was... mildly disappointed with me. but why? she didn't know me until an hour ago, and now she's caring for me? i didn't understand at all. 

we walked into the bar, only to see a nearly deserted business. but there were a couple sitting on one of the barstools, talking together in a hushed voice. what were they discussing that was so secret? i decided to leave the pleasantries to the others. i saw, as their eyes widened as the male introduced himself. what did they have with him? i didn't understand at all. that person inside me seemed to be dormant from our little discussion back there. 

"who's that?" i tugged on the sleeve of who i could find. 

"that's... our old boss."

"as in... for real?" my eyes widened. i knew that it must be a shock for them all, seeing their boss before he knew them. 

"for real." the person that i had tugged on said. i realised that i didn't know her name. she looked nice, at least. 

"uh..."

"yeah? go on."

"i didn't catch who you are..."

"i'm simmons. jemma simmons. people call me simmons, but i don't really mind which one you call me." she said. 

"i'm athena. nice to finally know you." i said awkwardly. 

"you know, we have a kid your age."

"really? wow."

"her name's alya. you should meet her one day. she's really chatty and optimistic, like a ray of sunshine."

"that's nice to know."

"is it true that you really caused time to change and take us here? sorry, i'm a scientist, and i have to ask."

"nah, it's fine. i understand that you're curious, and i am too. to be honest, i don't even know how i did it, and i don't even know what was controlling me when i did it. also, i don't even know the theory behind that. i'm the worst time traveller ever."

"don't say that, kid. you know, we're all time travellers. we're from 2020. i mean, yes. we're from the 21st century." those words pinged me. what happened really with me? i just sorta woke up in 1892, ans i had completely no recollection. but somehow, my brain had one thing that was buried deep underneath, and i had managed to dig it out. 

"i'm from the 21th century too."

*********************************************************

a/n

CLIFFHANGER!!! i didnt even think that i wouldve pulled this on you all, but anyways here i am. shes from the 21st centuryyyyy. hope that you liked it and see you in the next chapter (which might take quite a long time as im in the fifth last day of my winter break...

hope to see you guys soon!!! 

~skye