iron man pt 3

athenas pov

we walked back out and saw them fully immersed in a game of uno. i just didnt understand why there was this sensation in my stomach that told me that i wanted to play it, but i had to cover it up. also, jemma and i had to keep our mouths shut regarding tony stark since he wanted to escape without people knowing. daisy asked us about what had happened in there, but we didnt say a word. 

she just stared at us suspiciously and continued her card game. later on, when we had made a temporary shelter in the cold cave, daisy was assigned to be my bunkmate. after dinner, she had arranged a little pillow talk with me before even letting me go to sleep. 

"so, whats with the secretiveness lately! i know what that feels like, and for gods sake im you sister, so please do tell me whats happening. if coulson put you up to this, know that im high enough in the food chain to know these 'classified' intel."

"its not about coulson, its about tony stark, but not that i have anything to tell you." i said, and turned, trying to avert her gaze, but she walked to the space in front of me and maintained eye contact.

"look. if you dont ask, i wont tell any lies. Its all about you and how you want this handled."i said and shut up. 

"you want to do it this way? fine." she said angrily, and dimmed the lights and she tried to sleep. i guess that i shouldve done the same thing too. hiding secrets was a very tiring thing to do, especially to daisy and coulson and everyone else. 

tony's pov

i knew that they might not be able to keep the secrets, but athena came in bleary eyed at 5 in the morning and stirred me. i saw that fitz and simmons were preparing themselves for the day. 

"you guys wake up this early all the time?"

"its protocol that we wake up at this time. so yes."

"good. i think that i ahve figured out what i want to have for the suit."

"also, why cant we tell them? i have been drilled by daisy all night, and i know that theyll come after simmons and fitz next, and they dont hold up very well under pressure."

"because... i dont trust them."

"theyre our teammates."

"well, i have trust issues."

"i dont care, im not as good as withholding secrets from people as good as you are! besides, they wont even mind, all i know is that they would think of you as an inventor, and they would be in awe, i think coulson is already in awe, considering your family background."

"howard stark? working for shield."

"i think that hes shield and an inventor at the same time."

"i mean, coulson is a pretty good guy." i suggested to stark, and he started to think.

"will they actually obstructmy work process?"

"no, i dont think so. daisys pretty smart, she might be able to solve any technical issues that you have."

"fine, ill tell them. but just give me time."

"as much as you want." i said, and started fiddling with his things as fitzsimmons walked in. 

"mr stark, what are we doing for the day?"

'ill tell you all later on, but can you call the rest of your team together, i have to make full disclosure, this atmosphere of nerves is just stressing me out."  i said, and i saw, as their faces lit up. so, they were the brains of the team, and the others were the... fighters.

"sure, ill be right back." athena started to go out and later returned with the rest of her company. 

"ok, fellows, you might be wondering why i brought you here, and the answer is that i have an important announcement to make."

daisy's pov

athena walked in, slightly ashen faced after she had gone for an hour or so.

"what do you want with me?" i said, slightly rudely, as she was interrupting me from my hacking business. i was trying to see if i could hack into starks arc reactor, but there was nothing there for me to hack, instead, i turned to trolling the internet for any traces of the dark web that i had managed to put under my reins. 

"stark wants you and the others. i dont really have time, so can you go and wake the others?." she said, and i grabbed her hand.

"for..."

"he wants to tell you something."

"ill be coming soon." i said, pulling on my 'cool vibes' tshirt and then waking up the others. 

after quite some time, with having to empty two buckets onto macks head, they walked out from their rooms, yoyo snickering from the sight of mack as wet as a sopping dog.

"what do they want us for, waking me up at the middle of the night like that?"

"mack, its six in the morning. if you were back at you know where, you wouldve woken up at this time for the missions."

"i know, but im not a part of it anymore."

"we were, just take that into consideration." athena led us all into tonys place of residence, and we finally saw what he was working on: his suit. 

"i have something to tell you." he said. 

"about..."

"my plans. to escape. im planning on building a suit and getting myself out of here. from what i gathered, you all have a specific skillset that i require to help me out of here. now, thats what i have got." he said, pointing to the half finished suit. 

"are you guys up for it or not?" he asked.  

that was how we all got involved with helping him build his suit. 

**************************************

a/n

sorry for not updating as much as before recently (i know, i havent update it for like a month or so, but im busy with school concerts and assignments, hope that you all can understand. and believe me, i think that i can try and update more rn since ive finished all of my assignments and am bound for term break. hope that you liked this chapter and see you in the next one!!!

skye