iron man pt 1

athenas pov

for some reason, i had taken them to some place that i didnt know. What could happen if i actually took them into hostile territory? the outcomes would be so bad that i couldnt even imagine.

"where are we?" i heard coulson ask us all, me in particular.

"i dont know anyuthing about this place! Its just so new that i dont even know what this place is like!"

"its a cave." the black man said, i remember that his name was mack, or whatever he wanted us to call him.

"everyone knows that, captain genius." the woman who seemed to be her lover. i remember that her name was... yo-yo. he was right though, we were standing in the middle of a cave, something like a hideout. there were a couple of lanterns in the cave illuminating the interior, revealing a small gap between the chasm. So small that i knew that all of us couldnt cross over, someone like mack and coulson's size, of course not.

"i have an idea." daisy said, looking at a rock in the distance. i knew that she had something up her sleeve. She lifted her hands and...

"wait. are you really trying to do what im thinking that you would do?"

"yes."

"you might bring the whole thing down on top of us!"

"or i could try and help." i said.

"i dont know what you can do and i dont know if would really hurt you! I would hate to put you in more trouble than you have to be in!"

"i dont really mind, im sorry to say." i said and let whatever inside me take control of me and my actions.

I was completely oblivious of what i was doing and not to mention the fact that i still didnt have my full capabilities. i held out my hand, and stopped myself before i could waste a lot more energy that i didnt have to use. 

"daisy. where is the rock's weakness?"

"somewhere down around the area here."

"you can talk to rocks?"

"sort of."

"coolio." i said, summoning the person inside me to help me out. it took complete possession of me, and the next thing that i knew, i had created a solid bridge out of my powers and daisy was the first one to go through, since i was holding it down with a 50% chance of failure, and she knew how to manipulate vibrations to lift herself up if all else fails. 

she put a foot forwards, jumped up and down, and declared that it was clear.

you know, you can let go, right? 

what?

im controlling the bridge now, ill set it to dissipate when you cross over. go.

the person inside me chided me for my stupidity. i started to walk over with the rest, and once we were securely over to the other side of the chasm, i heard a small hiss, and the bridge did dissipate into bits.

"that was a shame, considering that bridge was just so beautiful."

"im sure that i can make another one." i said, leading the way down into unknown. 

daisys pov

i feel slightly replaced when she conjured up the bridge to let us all through. but when we started to venture down the path to a certain death, athena started to lag behind and i attempted to make conversation. something was worrying her. 

"whats the matter, kiddo?"

"i dont know, something tells me that this isnt right, but somehow i cannot tell what that is, and the person residing inside me... i dont know who it is, and i dont know anything about myself, not to mention."

"you sounded a lot like i was when i was younger."

"did you find your... our parents?"

"they werent who i had expected them to be."

"how were they?"

"both of them were sadistic murderers, thats all that i can say. dad was so focused in finding me, he nearly killed a bloodpath to me, but lucky that coulson and the others survived, that would be a shame. my mom wanted to wage a war between inhumans, which are people like me, and the ordinary world, the people with no powers, which does absolutely suck. thats all." i shut up. i could tell that she was slightly disturbed with the fact that she had such dirty roots.

"but we have each other, eh?" she said silently.

"of course." i added, and we saw the end of the route. it was a workshop. 

there was this symbol etched on the wall that was vaguely familiar.

"coulson, do you know what that is?" daisy asked. of course, coulson the history buff would know. 

"that... that's the symbol of the ten rings. oh, shit."

"what does that mean?"

"it means... that were about to see iron man make his first suit." he said, bursting at the seams with joy. 

athena's pov

i did not see that coming. meeting iron man was kinda a very big deal. it was... one part of my life that i didnt want to miss. meeting him as a superhero, everyone would want that kind of glory, right?

anyways, i led them all into the spot where i thought would camouflage us all, which worked pretty well, but we eventually had to go. i saw someone carry a metal plate into a hidden door that i had failed to see, and i knew that they were holding tony stark there.

"there. come on, we have to go in after that person goes out."

"that risks us being made!"

"i know, but its crucial that we go in there."

"go in, and try not to get caught." coulson said and told may to take me with her.

"dont get yourself killed." she said to coulson and went in. i knew that they were going to try and take care of all the guards in the space.

"wait. let me take simmons with me. i dont know if... ah yes." i said, looking into the doorway. 

"yes what?"

"hes dying, and remember how he survived? and notice whats missing?"

"ah, his arc reactor thingy."

"yes, that. what if... i dont think that this chucklehead can do it, and i think that someone else might have helped him out and made his suit and his arc reactor to prevent him from dying from the shrapnel that hit him."

"get simmons." i said to may and she went out. moments later, the girl that i had seen previously walked in.

"you say... that i might know how to make an arc reactor out of scrap metal... to make him survive this?" her voice was quivering.

"yes. precisely my words."

"ok. im up to this." she said, and we opened the last door to the hidden space forcefully, of course, the result of daisy's quaking, and we all headed into the unknown.

********************************************

a/n

sorry for not updating this long ive been busy with schoolwork and string festival stuff (yes i play the violin) and ive got a performance today, so... i might start posting again very soon

luv ya all tons!

~skye