captain america: the first avenger pt 4

athena's pov

i heard a commotion outside when i was finishing up my description of what and who i was. daisy jumped to her feet, opened the door for me, and started dashing out. i could only run as quick as my stubby legs could follow, so i was quite behind them. 

i saw, as people rushed by, and i realised that there was just so much that i couldn't do. i knew, from some people that we were in full battle mode now, since some sort of enemy of ours had infiltrated our base, posing as a highly ranked officer. from what i've heard, it was one of the people that knew the base like the back of one's palm, its strengths and weaknesses. 

daisy was in front of me, and she stopped in front of a room. 

"go back. it's not your fight."

"i'd wager otherwise." i said, and she looked at me with her dazzling brown eyes. 

"look, you're just a kid. i don't want you to get entangled with our very dangerous business."

"what dangerous business? like one regarding... a time travel machine?" i would've never have said that if i was myself, but somehow that person controlling me had to know. i felt the control leave me, and i apologised to the stricken daisy.

"i... i... didn't... mean to..."

"i know, that thing inside you, it's controlling every fibre of you. i get it. the whole mind control thing. i've been through it all." i peered through the semi-translucent window into the room that she stopped at, and i saw someone, someone like an extra-terrestrial, someone with the looks of of octopi. 

"can... can i watch, at least?"

"sure you can." she said, "but you cannot do anything, so can't i. this is a fight between the red skull and captain america." she said. 

captain america. that word seemed to resonate within my skull, triggering tons of memories. were they mine? or were they his? i wasn't sure, but i had all those recollections of what he had done. he was a really good man. a courageous one, at least. 

but that thing inside me was struggling so violently that i thought that i wouldn't be able to control it anymore. 

it dragged me into its palace in my mind.

you got to let me come out. you cannot resist me. 

no. i don't have to. you'll destroy me. 

you don't know who you really are ans what you're capable of achieving.

then what am i capable of doing?

cause natural events to shift, and even change the timeline. 

what timeline?

oh, child, so naive, let me show you. 

before i knew it, a huge wisp of energy exploded out of me. i could feel everyone what they were feeling, what they were thinking, and hell, i even knew where they were from and what they were able to do. my vision swarmed, i wasn't able to see anything apart from the haze, and it didn't seem to be able to clear any time soon. 

the voice had disappeared in my head, and i was stricken. what did i just do? what had i just unleashed? 

my foggy vision had recovered. i almost died from the shock. i was expecting to see myself standing at my old spot in the military base. but i wasn't there. i was in a bar. 

"what's going on?"

"where are we?"

"what happened?" multiple voices rang out from me. i looked at the people all around me, and realised that it was the old gang that i had met back at the military base. oh, what have i done?

*************************************

a/n

the final ending of captain america: the first avenger! stay tuned for the next chapter!

~skye