captain marvel pt 4

daisys pov

to be honest, i didnt want to help vers or carol or whatever she was named to do something that dangerous. i mean, i did a lot of reckless and dangerous things in my whole life, including going into that temple and getting my powers by coincidence, i guess that you can say that.

"you sure that youre up to this?" i asked her, and she shrugged and replied that she wasnt, but she had to do it. she just had to do it. she reminded me a lot of my old self right before terrigenesis, to be honest, breaking the rules, being known for being brave and reckless, shown as an example of me getting shot in the stomach by ian quinn the jackass and having to have someone to save me from the doors of death with a serum that could bring someone from the dead. a miracle worker in my team, that was. 

"ok. can i come with you?" athena chirped. 

"we're all coming." i said. 

"no, youre not. i can only take a small team with me to avoid detection from the kree. do you understand?"

"we do, but..."

"ill take the two of you." she pointed to me and athena. which was a very tactical decision, since we were counted as one of the most powerful in the team, or should i say, party. 

"the rest of you can watch him do his thing. we dont want anyone to miss up and slip before theyre supposed to know that ive changed sides. believe me, this plan is worth it." she said, finally, then beckoned towards me and athena. 

"lets go, pals." she said and started walking off, borrowing director fury's car. i didnt even know that he knew this woman before today. and she was so goddarn powerful. 

"so... where are you from? i know that youre not from the area, since a lot of people dont know about ponchos' even if theyre local, and which means that you might be someone with pre-cognition or something, but i dont think so, since powered people usually only have one power in their reserves, so i dont think that youre that."

"ok. if i tell you, this has to stay between the three of us, ok?"

"i promise." she said, like a child longing for secrets.

"we're not from here."

"which country? russia? germany?"

"hell no, technically, were from this country, but not from this time." i gave her some time to think on it. 

"wait. if youre not from this time, does that mean that youre time travellers?"

"yes, to put it mildly." i said. we pretty much sat in silence for the whole drive after we dropped this bombshell on her. 

vers pov

what??? i have been travelling with a bunch of people from other times and no one told me? of course i was mad at them! 

"sooo... are we ok?"

"we are still good, thanks for asking, but one thing is that i dont understand how you even hid that from me, its a very big thing and it shouldnt be kept inside of you, to be honest."

"i mean, i dont think that you should be knowing this and i didnt know if you would freak out or anything, and i didnt want you to judge us all so we... Well, they, decided not to tell anyone about it, imagine hearing someone on the street telling you that theyre from the year 2020 or something. What would be your reaction?"

"pure shock."

"my point exactly." athena said, and shrugged.

"dont be angry at them, please?"

"youve never seen me angry, really, im telling you."

"i see." i terminated the conversation, but she started again.

"so... What do you usually do when youre available?"

"i dont know, we dont exactly have a lot of free time in the kree. They dont exactly give us free time."

"do you like spend a lot of time with monica and maria or..."

"we dont spend a lot of time together, but theres this voice in my head that say that were extremely close but i dont know why either."

"its a mystery." she blurted out, i knew that she didnt mean to, but it was too late to stop for her.

"how do you know?"

"i didnt even know who i was until a couple of days ago, where i know that daisy was my sibling that i didnt even know about, and that i was also from their time?"

"ah, so you didnt know what and where you were from."

'no, i didnt."

"thats bad."

"i know." she scrunched her forehead and was deep in thoughts.

"i know that you will solve that problem soon enough."

We had arrived at the kree rendevous spot and there was no one there.

Did they make us or did they just decide ot cancel on us at the last minute?

"we better make it back."

"i dont think that they wont be here. I mean, they dont usually do that."

"seriously?"

"they never miss out on any thing related to me. im  something like their baby child or something, so they wont miss out on me.

soon, our heads were shrouded with a huge shape ascending from the sky.

i knew that it was my team, as i saw minn-erva and yon-rogg and some other kree that i didnt know, but all i knew was that there was a whole lot of other people in that bird. 

"wait, whats happening?" i heard athena say from right next to me, and daisy just rushed right next to me after checking that the coast was clear. 

"its... oh, never mind. i was about to say clear, but apparently its not." she said slightly sarcastically and i saw athena stifle a laugh. 

"who are those people, yon-rogg?"

"the deal is off. remember kree history lessons that you took? well, you went against all of those. the skrulls are our enemy and now youre fraternising with them, what other things do you want us to do? kiss our butts and do a happy dance just for your company? of course not! you are a betrayer, vers, and you will be never accepted for your sins."

"thats ok, because i have better, kinder allies that dont just focus on chasing their own purpose. they have a life. the skrulls. i saw their footage. i know that you led them into the fight, the fight that you said that they aggravated, and you saw that as an advantage of fighting over their home planet! what do you have to say for that? dont say sorry, because i dont get it. ive seen the footage from one of their body cams. and i dont have to say that no one can alter that footage! now, will you excuse me, i have something to attend to."

"any rebels will be killed." minn-erva said out of the blue, well, literally. 

"oh, like you killed marv-ell? i know about that too. the skrulls helped me remember."

"vers. what do you want us to do?"

"i dont know, depends on their reaction." i heard the rumble of engines, and realised that someone was at the helm controlling the bird. 

"we fight then."