captain america: the first avenger pt 2

yo-yo's pov 

i walked into the military base, looking around the base, and i knew that coulson would be freaking out internally, if not externally. he was such a fan of historical fiction, and we're in a ww2 base? he must be so excited. 

"you ok?" i asked him. 

"why not?"

"you're a history fan. this must mean something to you."

"oh yeah, i'm freaking out due to joy now. just that you don't see it." 

"madam. sir." someone greeted the whole group. "i'm peggy carter. nice to meet you all." from the files that we've all been given, peggy was the owner of this base, or at least the commander. she was one of the first female soldiers working for shield, hell, she was one of the founding parents of the organisation that we were currently working for. 

"you ok?" daisy asked me, and i nodded wearily, 

"the subject will be in this room." agent carter said and opened the door. in it was a huge chamber lying against one of the walls, with a lot of control centres ans scientists checking up on the chamber to see if anything was to malfunction. 

"thank you." coulson said. i could tell that he was just radiating excitement like a kid would when it saw lollies. 

"welcome." agent carter saw the funny look but dismissed it as normal. 

everyone went into the room and agent carter slammed it shut. 

"everything stays in this room."

"yes ma'am."

"don't call me that. peggy will suffice." she said in a very british accent that simmons was so proud of. another person stunning us with her britishness. 

"thank you, peggy." mack said and walked closer to the chamber. "how does this work?"

"it..."

"... the super-soldier serum gets injected into the chamber and whoever inside the chamber gets exposed to its gas form, getting the effects of the serum." simmons cut in when peggy was about to say something. 

"that was the gist that i was about to say. how did you know about that?" peggy looked as if we were some sort of intelligence collector and that we were going to leak everything that we heard about the project out.  i was about to say 'time travel', but coulson stopped me with a look telling me not to give anything away. 

"here goes the experiment. you're about to witness the change." the door opened, revealing a very scrawny man. 

"this is steve rogers. he is the person to be tested on, and if we succeed, and only if it succeeds, he will be listed in the history books as the greatest soldier ever existed on this world." 

coulsons's pov

oh my god. i was freaking out at all the historical stuff happening in the base that i nearly forgot our purpose here: to not intervene with history and get steve converted into a super soldier. 

"here will be where the test will be conducted." agent carter said and opened the door, revealing the best infrastructure ever. i never thought that i would be able to see this happen in my whole life, well, whole three lives. 

steve rogers the scrawny boy went into the test chamber, and for approximately 20 minutes, we weren't able to see anything, and some scientist yelled that it was time to reveal whether it had worked or steve rogers was another speck of dirt on the history books. they opened the chamber, and it was the steve rogers that everyone knew, bulk and muscular, the soon-to-be captain america that everyone depended on to save their lives. 

he was breathing, but barely. if we didn't get him out, he would die. 

"get him out!" agent carter seemed to understand my thoughts and we scrambled to help him out of the chamber. his eyes fluttered open when we got to them. 

"did... did it work?" he asked groggily, and peggy let him walk on the ground barefooted across to us all. 

"you tell us." i said, and peggy was looking at him, amused. i guess that he had this attractive thing that no one seemed to resist. I just wanted to pull out my action figure cards of him and make him sign them all in one go before he even knew that he was going to be famous, but i resisted the urge. peggy put a hand on his abs, and quickly retracted her hand as if she didn't want anyone seeing that action. 

"it worked." she announced, and cheers rang out from the whole lab. this was the birth of captain america, formerly known as the scrawny steve rogers, soon-to-be saviour of the earth. 

athena's pov

i was sitting in the classroom when i felt a tingle in my stomach, a very uncomfortable one, and i excused myself to go to the bathroom in language class. 

i was sitting on the ground of one of the cubicles on the ground, and i just suddenlyu felt mysefl wander off. when i regained consciousness, i was in a laboratory that i have never been to, and staring out of the nearest window, i realised that i was in the military base that was opposite to the school. i stared into the translucent glass of the lab, then realising that it was an experiment that i had heard about, i started staring intently into the small window. 

someone went in, and then after 20 minutes, he went out, staggering to his feet. i was able to see him, but he wasn't, for some reason, with realisation, it was the scrawny soldier that i had saw running on the grounds, in the field during class break. but now, he wasn't so scrawny after all. he had seemingly rock-solid abs and muscular arms. how did that happen? i was puzzled, but this was how it worked. the door creaked slightly, and i felt my consciousness leave me and wander off again, i regained my sanity back in the bathroom. i was about to get spotted but it whisked me off. what was it, really, and what did it want with me?

third person's pov

roaming the earth for centuries, i have yet to find a host. i could never find someone strong enough, worthy enough to support me and themselves. being the mysterious person that i was, lurking in the shadows, i picked my target, and sensed if that indiovidual had the properties. i've been trying for centuries. centuries, even close to a millennia, no one was able to help me. just as i was getting hopeless, trying to wander back to my place of dwelling, something drew me like a fish to the light. a person that my senses sensed, someone worthy, near the borders of america and mexico. it was a homeless girl, around the age of six. i had to take this chance. now or never. i flew down from the shadows to the location, and the girl accepted me with open arms. 

***************************************************

a/n

hey all, a rather rushed part. hope that you like it!!! (also i think that this might not work since i'm reaching a lot less people than i had originally intended for it to be, but it's just a matter of time, i guess. i'll start another chapter tomorrow, its getting very late. see you in teh next chapter!!!

~skye