Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Shortly after he's allowed to re-enter the room.

Liana opens her eyes and blinks rapidly around the room. She's relieved when she sees Dylan next to her. He's napping in the seat with his head lying on the bed. She runs her hands through his hair.

He stirs in his sleep and then his eyes open. When he sees that she's awake all of the drowsiness leaves his body.

He sits up. "You're awake."

"I am," the words come crumbling from her throat. She feels like she has a strep throat. She coughs some.

"No talking. Only signing for you. The doctor says that you have to rest your voice for a while. They've prescribed some medicine for your throat and chest pains."

"Why are we in the hospital. How did we get here," she signs.

"Do you not remember what happened." He hopes that she didn't forget everything.

She closed her eyes for a second to summon the memories. "We went out and then we got stuck in the elevator."

"What else?"

"Then we," she paused for a moment and blushed, "you know."

His eyes grew darker and he licked his lips. His body is buzzing just from the sweet flashback. "Anything after that."

"I just remembered it being really hot," she shrugged. "Everything is hazy after that."

"You passed out. There wasn't enough oxygen going into your body. The doctor isn't sure what went wrong after that. He wants you to see your doctor when you make it home."

"You know about my doctor?" She questioned.

"His number was in the front of your wallet next to your medical insurance card. I don't know anything about him. The doctor here wanted to ask him some questions I guess."

"Oh okay."

She groaned as she tried to get up. He stopped her. He took the bed's remote and pushed a button that sat her up.

He sat on the bed facing her.

She let out a small laugh. "Why is your shirt off."

He glanced down at himself. He had forgotten that he was still shirtless. "I didn't bother to put it back on. I was so worried about you."

Her heart warmed at his sincerity. "Did I frighten you."

"You scared the crap out of me. I thought I had hurt you."

Now she's shy. The butterflies in her stomach is tickling her skin. "You didn't. It was.... nice."

"Just nice," he teased.

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Extremely nice." He's good with his hands.

He couldn't resist leaning in and kissing her lips.

The doctor knocks on the door and comes in. "Well I see that someone is awake."

They jumped apart. Dylan stood up.

Half an hour later they were out of the hospital. Their bags are already in the trunk of the limo.

Since it is past midnight another person who Dylan does not recognize has been appointed to drive them home. He is the after our driver.

Blankets and pillows are on the seats for them.

Liana lays on one side and he on the opposite seat. She is comfortable under the thick quilt but it is not warm enough.