Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Liana walks into the doctor's office. Dylan takes a seat in the corner with her purse and clothes in hand.

Both of them are nervous about today. Liana is going to get X-rays of her chest done which will hopefully give her answers as to why she's been experiencing chest pain. She is hoping for the best.

"You look more nervous than me," she laughs.

Dylan shrugs. This appointment is long past due. She should have been here weeks ago.

The doctor walks in. "Good morning, Ms. Michaels."

"How are you, Dr. Smith?"

"Just fine." He pulls out his chart. "I'm glad that you are here today. I tried to reach out to you after I heard about your accident. I had some concerns."

"Sorry, my number changed. I updated my contact information on file today."

Dylan stares at her incredulously as she doesn't tell the whole truth, but lets it go because it can't really hurt if he doesn't know.

Liana gets her X-rays done and the results are disappointing. The tube in your chest has shifted a bit. It is going to have to be removed.

"Did they give you chest compressions."

Dylan's mind goes back to when he had no choice but to in the elevator. She was t breathing anymore.

Liana's eyes dart to his for a second before going back to the doctor. "Yeah, they said that I stopped breathing."

"It may have saved your life, but that is what causes the shift."

"What are my options."

"The tube has lodged itself to far in your right lung that I think the safest option is just to remove."

"Remove it!"

"Yes, it is a perfectly safe operation for us to perform because of your good health. your left long will over time expand to substitute for the right one."

Liana drops her head in her hands. "What are the side effects."

"You can still live normally. You won't be out of breath every time you walk contrary to the belief. You will have to take things a little bit slower but you will adapt over time. I wouldn't recommend a pregnancy after the surgery. I don't think your body will be able to handle it."

Her head shoots up. "I can't get pregnant after that."

"No, there could be critical consequences."

Liana looks at Dylan. "I- I... but I always wanted to have kids. Experience a pregnancy."

Dylan sits her things to the side and goes over to her.

"I think we should do what is best for your health."

"But Dylan, do you understand what this means. If you are to be with me and I can't carry kids, that means that you can't have kids of your own either."

"Liana..." he sighs. "I will accept that faith if that means that you will always be by my side and healthy."

He takes her hands in his hand kisses it.

"Thank you."

"Do I have any other options at the moment. Could I delay the surgery."

"You could, but it is not recommended. The tube is unstable and there is no telling what could happen."

Liana walks out of the doctor's office dreading the news that she got.

She is quiet the whole ride home. There, she lays in bed to give herself the time that she needs to think about it.

Hours later she has come with a plan. She hurries to find Dylan. He's in the living room exercising along to a video.

Liana grabs the remote and pushes pause on the tape.

He stops and catches his breath. "What is the smile for."

Her eyes grow bigger. She didn't know that she was smiling. She can't seem to make it go away. "I have a plan."

"You will agree to the surgery now."

"No, I want to get pregnant."

Dylan drops his arms. That's is the last thing he thought that he would hear.

"I know it sounds crazy but Dylan I spoke to Dr. Smith and he said that it would be okay if I do this. That I would just have to be cautious."

"Are you sure about this."

"Only if you are okay with it. I know we have only been together for a few months and this is kind of fast."

"Liana, you are the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with, I want you to be the mother of my kids. It does not matter the time."

Liana takes her robe off and reveals her luscious body. "Can we start now," she breathes.

Two weeks later, she can't wait any longer. She buys a pregnancy test. They've been trying hard and she is almost sure that she can feel that she is pregnant. She has been feeling very nauseous lately, and some days she can't hold anything down.

Dylan knocks on the door to check on her after an hour has passed by since she went to the bathroom.

"Come in," she tries to hold back her excitement.

He sticks his head in and his heart skips a beat when he sees the look on her face. Pure joy. He is going to be a father.

Later on that week they find out that Liana is already six weeks pregnant. She has been unknowingly pregnant since she that first night that she and Dylan were together. She is happy that they have already had the pregnancy talk when they did so that a moment like this comes to them as a gift.

_________________________________

Liana walks out of her 20-week checkup bubbling with excitement. Dylan had practice today before his big meet so his mom and Chelsea tagged along with her for her appointment.

The baby is doing fine and everything looks good. She'll stick with her new diet and exercise to make sure her baby stays healthy.

She rubs over her stomach. She has started to feel movements over the past week and it has made her more excited for what's to come in the next few months. She was supposed to find out the sex of the baby today but her little one wasn't complying.

"If it's a boy we were thinking about naming him after my father. We haven't thought of a name if it's a girl yet, but Devin has recommended Petunia."

Claire laughs. "Don't listen to my boy."

"Lilly or Daisy is pretty," Chelsea throws out there. "You know since you love flowers."

"Oh yeah, that is. That's perfect."

Liana takes out her phone and text the names to Dylan. "Dylan is already talking about painting the baby's room. Look at these colors we were thinking about." She passes the phone to Chelsea.

She scrolls through the photos. "I bet it will yellow no matter what. It's your favorite color."

"I'm trying to keep my options open with him. I don't want him to feel left out of any decisions."

"Dylan just texted you back. He wants to know what happened to name her Petunia."

Liana looks to Claire and they both laugh. "I'm going to need you to talk some sense into him, Ma. Your two boys are driving me crazy with the weird names and ideas they come to me with every day."