Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Early the next morning Chelsea called her. "You forgot to call me last night," is the first thing she says.

Liana is so hot that she has to roll out of her car and lay out on the much comfier cool ground. She's to sore to sit up. "It slipped my mind. I was to tired to remember."

"I'm glad to hear that you got some rest though. You needed it. Does that mean you would rather stay at home than to come hang out with me at my house. Vince's meet will be on tv today and I wanted someone to watch it with me."

"Okay send me your address. I'll be there soon."

"We're going to have so much fun today."

After last night's fiasco, Liana is surprised to find herself back at the gas station.

She really doesn't want to be here but this is the only place she feels comfortable enough to get dressed at.

"Lee!" Ling exclaims when she walks in.

She shockingly smiles. "Hey there."

"My husband tell me about last night. I am sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Aw she doesn't have to feel bad about what happened.

"My husband call me and tell me that you are here. I tell your mom. She cry for days for you. I thought I did right thing when I tell her you was here."

Liana can't be mad at that. And plus Ling is a really sweet woman. It is easy for a woman as genuine as her to fall for her mother's deception.

"It's okay. I know that you were only trying to help."

"Thank you. I will tell her nothing no more. I really heart in my heart to learn of how she treated you."

"Oh Ling," she drawls out. "I promise you that I am fine. My mother can not hurt more than she already has. She'll always be that way and I have come to accept that. I want you to forget that that ever happened."

Liana doesn't want her to fret over it. Vanessa shouldn't have the gift of plaguing other peoples happy lives.

She laughs lightly. "I see you around so much, I think of you as my little Lee-Lee. You ever need something I am here for you."

"Thanks," Liana whispers. That meant so much to hear her say that. She gives her a warm hug.

The morning felt like a long drag as Dylan prepared to go to his meet.

He didn't bother to wake Devin up. He didn't think that he would like that. After last night he really doesn't have a clue where they stand.

He wraps his gym bag around his shoulder and heads to the car.

"Wait!" Devin yells.

Dylan turns around and find him running towards the kitchen to grab a snack.

"Okay now we can go," he says as he comes out of it.

"I didn't hear you get up."

"I didn't roll out of bed until after I heard you go outside for your morning run."

"Oh."

"You know that I can't miss any of your meets that are in town."

Devin smiles and tries to act normal. It's not really working out for him. His true emotions are all in his eyes.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Noth-"

"And before you lie to me I want you to know something. I don't want you to look at me as only your older brother right now. Since you're living with me that makes me your legal guardian. I am responsible for you. So if something is bothering you then you should tell me."