Prologue

I had it all. Everything is within my grasp but why did it suddenly vanish?! I'm devastated and mad at them, these people, who were on my side and especially him! That bastard ruined everything I built up for.

For the past fifteen years of my existence, they all loved me. The way they cheered my name whenever I'm going for a walk, when they get amazed by the things I do, when they took care of me; Everything! I am the perfect Lady of the house Laurenze. Or maybe I was...

The pillow laying on my side suddenly flew on the other side of my room when I threw it out of frustration. This can't be happening!

I lifted my body from the bed and stomp my way out of the room. I will talk to my father-No, I will talk to that man and tell him that there's no way in my life that I will let him get what he wants. He'll marry me?! Me?! No freaking way.

"Rina!" I called for my maid to attend to me. I was expecting her to come quickly but it's been a minute but she didn't arrive at my room yet.

"Rina!" And I waited.

Don't tell me that my own maid can't even attend to me now?!

With the frustration and anger that I have in me, I pushed everything away from my vanity mirror. I wanted to scream and let this anger out. Only a few words have been said but it affected my whole life.

"Lady Azelaine Laurenze will be my wife."

My knees felt weak and I slowly fell on them. My head hangs low as I feel the heat and sting the tears that are slowly building up on the corner of my eyes.

I am not and will never be your wife. I thought to myself. The words that I wanted to shout earlier but I was too dumbfounded to even part my lips. I saw how their gaze on me turned dark and sour and he announced it.

And do you know what hurts the most?

The man that I love didn't dare to defend me.

I was so... disappointed.

Oh, how I hope that this is just a nightmare because if it is, then can somebody please wake me up. I don't want to live in this nightmare.

Urus Varzilion, I hate you...

---