Chapter Fifty-Five

Celestia looks defeated and I can't read Prince Pierre's expression. While the queen... she looks infuriating. This might trigger her more and no one knows what will be her move.

I am afraid what might happen but I need to be stronger.

I can't deal with Queen Frizella, not alone at least, but Celestia is someone I need to take down alone. I am her nemesis so I must be the only one who will take her.

"Ah... Princess Celestia." I made sure to make my voice louder so I can steal their attentions too. Her eyebrows furrowed, as if thinking what I am going to do now. "Aren't you going to announce to the people of Meliean Empire?" I smiled widely.

She also smiled but her lips are trembling. "W-What are you..."

"Princess Azelaine," Prince Pierre warned.

"You know... about your daughter?" I feigned ignorance. "You told me that you are going to introduce her to them. She's turning three? Am I right? Or was it four?" I tilted my head to piss her more.

"She have a daughter?"

"Princess Celestia is only 20, right?"

"Yes, she is. But if Princess Azelain is right, then she was pregnant when she was 16 or 17?" There are gasps.

"What a disgrace."

"Is Prince Pierre the father?"

"Enough!" Queen Frizella stood up and every one shut their mouths. While I am here, smirking and enjoying every moment, every second as Celestia's face twists because of anger.

I don't think the party will go on at this moment. It's already ruined ever since it was announced that the Laurenze dukedom will support Prince Urus. And that alliance, made the coronation become sooner that we expected. The emperor made it in two months.

This might be a wedding of Prince Pierre and Celestia but things did not go as they planned. Perhaps, that means I have won again this time.

"You look happy." I turned my head and saw Prince Urus leaning on the door frame. The party was already done so we went back to our respective chambers. I was so tired today so I went straight to the Therilian Palace. Perhaps, he followed me here.

"Of course, I am. Have you seen their faces? It was so amusing." I chuckled.

I thought he was going to say something but he only walked towards me. "May I?" He asked permission while gesturing the brush on my hand. I nods then he stole the hairbrush from my hand and started combing my hair.

"I am glad that you are happy," he started off. "But... I'm afraid that you will be in a grave danger because of this." He's warning me again. I know that he is worried; so am I.

Our eyes met on the mirror so I showed him a reassuring smile. I know that the future lies in front of us is a blur. Any minute or even any second, one of us will be in a grave danger. Or worse... one of us might even die. Now that I know Queen Frizella is far more dangerous than I imagined, I have no choice but to be careful. All of us have to.

"Now that Duchess Linia is back, what are your plans?"

"I will let them have the dukedom, I don't have my authority on it anyways. As long as they are showing their support then I have no problem with it." Prince Urus nods his head.

"We have Arthoion dukedom and Laurenze dukedom behind our backs. Our political standing is enough to stabilize our position on the throne." It may not as many as Queen Frizella's allies but the dukedoms have its influence in the politics. Having two of them are strong enough.

Days have gone by and everything seems normal. They already started to plan out the decorations and even the invitations for the neighboring kingdoms and empires.

We are briefed to tighten the security on the day of the coronation. But since I will also be crowned as an empress that day, I am out of duty.

Queen Frizella and Prince Pierre was locked up on their own palaces. No one even knows why they refuse to come out. Well, we all know the reason but these people chose to play dumb. Queen Frizella is angry that it will be Prince Urus and not her son. Even though ever since they were born, it has been decided that Prince Urus will sat on the throne.

And if it's not for her wickedness, Prince Urus is probably loved by every melieanans.

I was standing on the corner of the training grounds, watching Prince Urus train. The moon is gazing at us with a gentle and cold breeze, making our hair dance. The knights has already retired to their respective chambers and both of us are left here in the training ground.

"Aren't you tired yet?" I ask him as I handed his water bottle. He only smiled at me then chugs the water.

He sighs. "How am I supposed to feel tired if the coronation is coming?"

"There is only a month left."

"I know... after that, you will be the empress. You will finally get what you want." My heart sank. Yes, indeed. Being the empress is what I want, I did everything to get where I am right now. But now that I'm here, when I'm almost near it, I feel anxious. Every day, anxiety is eating me and I can't calm down.

It feels like, I just wanted to go back on the time when Prince Urus and I just got married.

"Tell me what's on your mind," he uttered with gentleness. As if he's afraid that he's choosing the wrong words.

"I just feel... anxious," I answered him truthfully.

"What can I do to make your anxiety go away? Hmm? I don't want anything troubling you."

I chuckled. "I don't even think it will go away any time soon."

He held my face and slowly pulled me closer to him. His soft lips planted a kiss on my forehead and his arms are wrapped around my waist.

"Whatever it is, I promise you that we will be safe. We will get through this. You will get through this because I know that you are strong." Those words truely touched my heart and it made me calmed down.

We were embracing each other under the moonlight and just like that, a month have passed.

———