Chapter Seventeen

"The criminal has been captured."

"But he tried to kill Lady Laurence."

"Does the duchy even know that Lady Laurence went out? If so, then why is she riding a public carriage?"

"Are you questioning the lady right now, Trese?"

"I'm just thinking the posibility that the lady snuck out of their manor-!"

A slam on the table was enough to cut off the argument between the knights. They all went silent and looked at Xiel, the one who slammed the table.

He clicks his tongue. "Gentlemen, are we perhaps forgetting that the prince is here? Besides, it doesn't matter if the lady snuck out of the duchy or not. The fact that she was almost got killed by the criminal is what matters to us." Xiel sighs after taking a pause.

"So? What do you say, Your highness? Your fiancèe almost got killed," He continued and emphasized the word 'fiancèe' to tease Prince Urus.

But Prince Urus didn't mind him at all- Well, Lady Azelaine is indeed his fiancèe so what's there to tease?

"Behead him and hang his head on the gates of Azeroth. That should be enough punishment to him for killing 20 people and for hurting the future crown princess," Prince Urus said without batting an eye.

Azeroth is the capital of Melian where the Imperial Palace stands still.

Urus stood up from his sit and walked away from their table. He has a lot of things to do and that includes checking out if Azelaine gained her consciousness. It's been 3 hours when they arrived the Imperial Palace.

"Is it a public execution?" Xien asked him.

"Yes. Make sure that all of them are watching," Prince Urus answered before he finally left the room.

The hall is silent- Only his footsteps can be heard. Azelaine is in his palace since he believe that it is the only safe place for her. Who knows if someone wanted her dead even if they're inside the Imperial Palace.

And it is only his responsibility to take care of her since she is his future consort. Although, Urus is still not used to it.

He only met Azelaine before his banquet a month ago. The lady is almost like a stranger to him and he assumed that he's like that to her too. They barely know each other and yet they are future husband and wife.

There is only one reason why I chose her.

Urus stopped on his tracks when someone caught his attention. Not far away from him are Prince Pierre and his soon-to-be fiancèe, Celestia Laurenze.

Celestia is trying to link her arms around Pierre's but he just kept on brushing it off. Meanwhile, Celestia just kept on talking about god knows what. Prince Urus watched them silently and intently. He's aware thet Prince Pierre and Azelaine had a relationship but he never thought that her adopted sister will take her place.

I guess they're persistent, huh?

"Your highness," his butler suddenly appeared and called him.

"The lady has woken up," he announced and Urus nodded his head. He took one last glance before he turned his back on Pierre and Celestia.

It's only a minute or two minutes walk from the Ezckelian Palace to the Quevilian Palace; Prince Urus' residence. So it didn't took him a lot of time before he arrived at his palace.

Azelaine was already at the main hall, waiting for him to arrive. This is the first time they met again after the banquet. There's an awkward atmosphere between them, not to mention, Urus can feel that Azelaine hates him.