Chapter Fifty-One

i edited chapter fourty-nine. i forgot that azelaine's brother is named 'yzel' and not 'yver' lmao.

———

Two days before Pierre's and Celestia's wedding. A gathering was held between the imperial family, however, Azelaine was not there. She took a command under Thebion and their battalion went out of Azeroth.

"After our wedding, Mellie will be officially announced as our legitimate daughter, isn't that right?" Celestia beemed at them.

Frizella looked at her and smiled. A smile that hides her real thoughts about Celestia. Even though Celestia is indeed useful because of her power, but giving birth to a girl is nothing but a disgrace for Frizella.

It should have been a boy, which will give more reason to give the throne to Pierre.

"Of course," she answered briefly.

Ytrius and the two princes are silent; the three of them are having a deep thoughts. Frizella noticed it so she tries to caught their attention.

"Your imperial highness, are you alright?" His eyes went to her.

Ytrius knew Frizella ever since they are teenagers, it was also the time when she was promised to marry him. As they got closer with each other, Frizella slowly fell for him. However, Ytrius' heart already belonged to someone else.

He nods. "I'm alright." Frizella smiled at him before she continued eating.

After their lunch, Urus went out of the dining room to breathe some fresh air. What he didn't know is that Pierre followed him.

"You seem having deep thoughts earlier, Your highness," Pierre started. "Are you worried that I might take your place?" Urus chuckled at him.

"Worried? I have nothing to worry about."

"On my wedding, Celestia will use the Laurenze dukedom and announce our alliance. Are you not worried?"

It is true that Urus might get overthrown from his title if the Laurenze dukedom will announce its alliance with Pierre. Not only him but the emperor might get overthrown too. His father warned him about this but Urus trusts that it will never happen.

He turned to Pierre. "Should I worry?"

"When I got your position, I will also get Azelaine away from you." Pierre smirked and Urus' smug face fell. His eyes squinted as he glared at Pierre.

"You will make Azelaine your concubine? Really, Pierre? She deserves the empress' throne."

"Don't worry, I will divorce Celestia when that happens."

Urus couldn't help but laugh at his brother's statement. It was like hearing a joke and it's totally pathetic. "And you think Azelaine will agree to be your empress?" He emphasized the word 'your', as if brushing it to Pierre's face that Azelaine will never agree with his idea.

"She will."

"No, she will not. Perhaps, you don't know her well, Pierre."

"Why? Do you know her more than I do?" Pierre scoffed. "Both of us know that she hated you, she hated marrying you." Urus' face hardened upon hearing those words. He knows that but he also knows that Azelaine doesn't hate him anymore.

"I will get her and your throne, brother."

"I won't let you," Urus said through gritted teeth but Pierre only smirked at him before leaving him behind.

——

Our battalion went back to the capital right before the sun sets. We went to Perkia, a neighboring town of Azeroth, to check if they have enough supplies.

"I haven't seen Cain for a while. Where is he?"

Thebion frozed then he glanced at me. "He didn't told you?" My forehead creased because of confusion.

"Didn't told what?"

"Ah... he went to Astareth since he is designated there." I frowned even more. Astareth has become another capital of Meliean Empire ever since Prince Urus conquered that place.

Cain just vanished and he didn't even told me that he got designated to a far away land. I feel upset since he's the only friend I'm close with.

"Maybe he also agreed to move on," Thebion muttered as he walks away.

Move on? From where?

I just sighed and shrugged it off. I brushed the dust away from my coat. I have to take a shower since we've been out all day long. My body already smells sweaty and it feels sticky.

I'm a few yards away from Therilian Palace when I saw Prince Urus on the entrance. He's leaning against the wall and he looks uneasy. His eyebrows are furrowed as if it had been stitched together. I also noticed his right leg is shaking.

What is he doing there?

"Urus..." I called after walking towards him. His head immediately turned to me. My eyebrows arched. "What are you—?"

My words were cutted off when he abruptly pulled my arm towards him and embraced me between his arms. I'm shocked because of his sudden action. Nonetheless, I wrapped my hands around his torso and gently tapped his back. Maybe he wants me to comfort him?

"Is everything alright?"

"I will never let you go." His voice is muffled. I only got more confused because of his words.

I blinked. "Then, don't. If you say so then never let go of me." I don't know if these are the words the wants to hear but I said it anyways. It's not like I will also let go of him; he is my greatest weapon.

His arms tightened around my waist and I felt his face buried on my neck. His breath is also brushing through my skin which is giving me goosebumps.

I don't know how long we are standing there while embracing each other but I suddenly remembered that I have to take a bath. I tried to push him off but he won't budge.

"Urus, I smell like sweat so please you need to let go." It's embarrassing to say that but I feel more embarrassed since he can smell me.

However, his arms are still on my waist. "You just told me to never let you go." Is he serious?

I thought I will feel irritated because he said that and since I already feel embarrassed because of my smell but a chuckle escaped my lips.

"It's not like that... come on, I have to take a bath. I know, I smell terrible."

His head went up and stared at me. "You are not, you smell just fine. Besides, it doesn't matter if you're sweaty." His words are sure flattering me but I still need to take a bath. I only laughed at him before finally pushing him away. He couldn't do anything else but to break the hug.

"I will tell you something later," he said and I just nods. I went inside the palace while he stayed outside.

———