:::: Thirty-Four ::::

By the time everyone was ready to leave the picnic area Nova could still barely walk. Although she had healed enough that no one needed to carry her. Instead, she opted for her arm slung over Five's shoulder and his arm wrapped securely around her waist while she leaned heavily on him as she limped. The Umbrellas walked in silence through the public park. Nova couldn't help but press herself closer to Five when she noticed all the stares they were receiving.

"What are we doing?" Allison sighed in annoyance breaking the silence.

"Ruminating," Five shrugged or at least he attempted to with Nova so close to his side.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" Klaus asked as he eyed all the looks thrown their way.

"Because we look like the damn Village People just lost a fight," Diego responded sarcastically before his eyes landed on Nova noticing that she was the only one not wearing black or dark colors, "Well, except for Nova. She looks like she's the one who took us on."

"Gimme that, hey!" Klaus whined reaching for his precious hat after Diego swiped it off of his head.

The two began to grapple in the street when they knocked into Nova and Five. The girl let out a groan as a sharp pain shot through her body. Five quickly tugged her away from his idiotic brothers as he glared at them. He went to snap at the wrestling duo but Allison beat him to it. Instead, he whispered in Nova's ear softly making sure that she was alright. Another soft smile danced across Nova's lips as she once again assured her boyfriend that she would be fine. She knew she just needed a little bit more time to heal.

"I need to go find Claire! I will catch up with you guys later," Allison exclaimed in exasperation turning away from the rest of the Umbrellas.

"Hey, Allison, no," Vanya quickly said gaining her sister's attention once again. "First, let's get somewhere safe, clean up those cuts, and then we'll go find her."

"Yeah, plus there's no way you're getting past airport security covered in that much blood," Nova added and Allison sighed knowing that they had a point.

"Man, I hate those guys," Luther muttered as he glared towards the multiple billboards advertising the Sparrow Academy that sat on the tall buildings within their view. "Look at 'em with their...stupid smug..."

"You can do it. You can do it," Klaus encouraged quietly as Luther struggled to form an insult through his concussed brain. They all waited in silent anticipation and Luther kept stuttering.

"...smug...smugness," Luther finally finished and they all sighed.

"Keep working on it, big guy. You'll land one, eventually," Klaus sighed sympathetically patting Luther's shoulder.

"Ok, but honestly what are we doing?" Allison asked the group. "Because we can't just keep standing here bleeding out in this park."

"Yeah, and I'd really like a nap," Nova added earning her a few confused looks. She could only roll her eyes before further explaining, "If I get a good nap then I'll finally be able to heal. That would mean I could actually help fight and you people won't have to carry me everywhere."

"You know I don't mind carrying you, darling," Five whispered quietly in her ear. Again Nova rolled her eyes and attempted to playfully shove her boyfriend the only problem was he was still pretty much the only thing keeping her upright.

"I don't know where we can go but we better gear up fast before they come for round two," Diego pointed out and a few of the others agreed.

"What makes you think they'll come after us?" Vanya asked.

"Because I would," Diego shrugged.

"Yeah, we did break into their house..." Klaus pointed out before trailing off.