:::: Sixteen ::::

By the time they made it to the Icarus Theater Five still hadn't joined them and Nova was starting to get worried. When they entered the building Nova knew this wasn't going to be easy. Nothing was ever easy for them but right now the concert had already started.

I need to go alone. Allison wrote on her notepad.

"Allison I can't let you do that right now. She's beyond reasoning." Luther said.

"You hear the music? It's started." Diego said and Luther nodded as he let Allison go.

"You're using her as a distraction aren't you?" Nova asked.

"Our best chance to incapacitate Vanya. She'll thank us later." Luther said and Diego nodded. This plan didn't sit right with Nova but she knew they wouldn't listen to her.

"What's the plan?" Klaus asked.

"You stay out front. You're the lookout." Luther said to Klaus before he stopped Nova who was moving up the stairs. "Stay with Klaus."

"I'm more capable than you are." Nova glared and Luther sighed.

"Your eyes have mostly returned to normal but your pupils are still black. There are too many civilians in there to risk you losing control." Luther said and Nova stands back knowing he was right.

"Fine, I'll babysit Klaus." She said in an annoyed voice as Luther turned to leave.

"Want to get tacos? I saw a food truck out front." Klaus said and the girl only shrugged as she followed him out of the theater. "Hey, Novie, what happened to your face?"

"My face? What do you mean?" Nova asked as she went to look at her reflecting against the metal side of the food truck. Her eyes widened when she noticed the streaks of dried black tears that covered the freckles on her cheeks. "Oh, that happens sometimes if I use too much of my death powers."

"Do you hear gunfire?" Ben asked as Klaus began to eat his burrito. Nova turned confused and saw an injured Cha-Cha coming down the street.

"Guys it's Cha-Cha!" She whispered.

"It's go time," Klaus said as he dropped his burrito and they hurried back into the theater.

"What about the gunfire?" Ben asked.

"Ben you can't even get shot!" Nova exclaimed.

"But you can." He argued and Nova rolled her eyes.

"It can't kill me." She argued back.

"What about Klaus?" Ben asked as they continued to run.

"He has no will to live and he's the damn lookout!" Nova said and they ducked as they ran into the main room.

"Guys it's Cha-Cha!" Klaus yelled to the others and they told him to get down.

Nova watched in awe as Klaus' hands began to glow blue and Ben appeared in the blue light to everyone. Tentacles shot out of Ben's stomach and began to impale the Commision soldiers. A crazy idea forms in Nova's head and she thrust her hands into Ben's stomach from behind and focuses on pushing her powers through.

The tentacles coming out of Ben's stomach turned black and anyone he impaled immediately died. Once a soldier died they sank off of the tentacle leaving it free to impale another attacker.

The others watched in surprise as the three former Academy members combined their powers. Ben's screams and groans can be heard throughout the theater. Nova could feel how weak she was becoming. This was the most she had used her powers in a long time. It was draining her and fast.

"Oh god, now I wish I had eaten that taco," Nova grumbled tiredly once all the Commission soldiers had been killed.

"Nova!" Five called as he blinked in front of her.