:::: One ::::

A/N: The picture above is the adult Nova :)

::::::::

For the past fourteen years, Nova knew she had made a mistake. She knew joining the Commission was the worst decision she had ever made in her life. The Handler didn't actually care for her and kept her isolated from all the other agents. Nova was dangerous and her powers put other people in danger.

The woman really only had one job at the Commission. She was a hit woman. One of the greatest of all time. Because of her powers, she didn't even need a weapon to kill someone. Just by touching them, she could drain their entire life force and no evidence would be left behind.

Nova didn't want to kill all those people but if she disobeyed the Handler she was punished. Sometimes she was punished with various torture techniques that spanned across the ages. This served two purposes one was punishment and the other was training in case Nova was ever captured.

The other form of punishment she received was being left in the apocalypse alone for many years at a time. All those years left alone with no one to talk to and no food except for the cockroaches and expired Twinkies.

For years she thought there was no way out of The Commission. Nova thought she would have to go through the rest of her life doing The Commission's dirty work.

That was until Five showed up at the Commission. At first, Nova didn't recognize her old friend. Mostly because he was well old now. During the past forty-ish years at the Commission Nova had grown into an attractive woman roughly in her mid-fifties. Apparently, Five had been gone for just as long spending approximately forty years in the apocalypse, and had aged into a 58-year-old man.

Nova would be lying if she said it wasn't off-putting sometimes. But there really wasn't anything anyone could do about it and at least she had her friend back. Not only did she have her friend back but he came with a plan. A plan to go back in time and save the world from the impending apocalypse.

"Five are you sure the calculations are correct?" Nova asked for probably the millionth time.

"I've checked the equations 100 times over. I'm certain they're right. Have faith in me, Nova." Five assures her as he sets the radio onto the picket fence. Right now the two former Umbrella Academy members were on mission for The Commission.

They were in 1963 in Dallas, Texas. Their mission was to make sure JFK got assassinated. This time they wouldn't be going back to The Commission. No, this time Five was taking them back to 2019.

Nova leaned against an old car in the parking lot and watched as Five attempted to rip a hole in the space-time continuum. She watched as blue energy surrounded his hands and the space in front of him turned into a window into the past.

When she looked through the window she saw the rest of the academy standing there except they all of course looked older than the last time she saw them. Suddenly a fire extinguisher comes flying through the window almost hitting her.

"How much do you want to bet Klaus threw that?" Nova joked as she walked closer to where five stood.

"I can't hold it for much longer. Grab my hand!" Five called over the loud wooshing sound of the time portal. Nova quickly slipped on her gloves and grabbed Five's hand. She wears the gloves to make sure she doesn't accidentally hurt someone especially because her powers stem from her touch. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." She shrugged and he nodded.

"Alright on my count jump! One...two...three... JUMP!" Five yelled and the two of them jumped into the time portal.