:::: Thirty-One ::::

Nova knew that Five had succeeded when she woke up and realized that she was standing and unharmed instead of laying dead on the barn floor. The girl patted her abdomen and chest making sure that it was no longer riddled with bullet holes. She looked around concerned trying to find the boy when she realized he was no longer next to her.

"I know that we can be your family if you just let us." Nova heard Diego say when her eyes landed on Five who was now by the barn door. She watched as the Hander came in and she curled into herself preparing for the shots before she realized Five had disarmed the woman.

"Is it true what Five and Nova said? Answer me! Is it true?" Lila yelled and Nova started forward remembering that the Swede was coming.

"Well..." The Handler started before the Swede opened fire on her. Nova came to a screeching halt as Five swung around and pointed his machine gun at the Swede.

"The case!" Luther yelled as he saw Lila go for it.

"No!" Diego exclaimed as he used his own body to stop Luther's. Slowly Nova limped forward so that she was standing relatively close to Five.

"Drop the gun, Five," Nova whispered to the boy as he stared down the Swede. He nodded before dropping the gun to the ground.

"Enough." Five said as he was tired both physically and mentally from all the violence.

"Enough." The Swede said before dropping his gun and leaving the barn.

"I almost had her. Why the hell did you stop me?" Luther asked still on top of Diego.

"Because... I love her." Diego smiled when he came upon that realization.

"Who the hell was that guy?" Klaus asked confused but everyone ignored him. Five only had one thing on his mind and that was Nova.

"Are you ok?" He asked spinning around and his eyes scanned her for any injuries.

"I am now, thanks to you." Nova smiled as she hugged the boy close to her chest in relief.

"You remember?" He asked and the girl nodded as she held up the familiar necklace that she has worn all these years. The one that protects her mind from new timelines.

"Five, you almost died. I could feel your soul slipping." Nova said with tears in her eyes and the boy kissed her dirt-covered forehead.

"But you saved me so I could save everyone else. And we're ok now, darling." Five said as he wiped the girl's tears off of her cheeks.

"I love you, I can't lose you." The girl whispered and he kissed her lips softly.

"You're stuck with me and it's going to take a lot more than that to get rid of me." He said quietly and she wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his chest. She couldn't believe how much she loved this boy.

"Vanya! Help!" Sissy yelled from somewhere below them.

"Sissy!" Vanya gasped before she hurried to the barn's basement.

The others followed her quickly. All of their eyes widened when they saw that Harlan was huddled in the corner and once again was surrounded by a swirling vortex of energy.

"Oh wow." Nova gasped softly as Five held the tired girl closer to her side.

"Harlan? Harlan! Whatever it is that I gave you I can take it back, ok? We just need to stop this." Vanya pleaded after she dove straight into the vortex.

They watched as dots of energy seemed to flow between Vanya and the boy. There was a blast of energy as the vortex dissipated and knocked them all backward slightly.