:::: Two ::::

Later that night Klaus and Nova sat at the kitchen table as they watched in amusement as Five blinked all throughout the house searching for coffee in annoyance. The rest of the family scattered after the so-called ceremony. Luther and Diego were pouting in their rooms, Vanya had hopped into the first cab out of there and Alison was probably consoling Luther.

"Where's Vanya?" Alison asked as she set her coat down on the bench.

"Oh, she's gone," Klaus said while making a clicking noise with his mouth and jabbing his thumb at the door.

"Yeah, she hopped in the first cab out of here. Said something about not being wanted and toxic masculinity." Nova said with a nod.

"That's unfortunate. An entire square block, 42 bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee." Five saids in annoyance and Nova chuckles at him. In return, he glared playfully at her.

"Dad hated caffeine." Alison points out.

"He hated children too but he had plenty of us," Klaus says sarcastically.

"That's a fair point because he had seven of you, who he hated, and he still tried to adopt me. Numero Ocho." Nova says and Klaus nodded vigorously.

"I'm taking the car." Five said in an annoyed voice.

"Where are you, you guys going?" Klaus asked as Nova jumped up to join Five at the door.

"To get a decent cup of coffee." Five snapped.

"Don't mind him, he's a little cranky pants when he's going through caffeine withdrawal." Nova joked mostly to Klaus and Five glared at her.

"Do you guys even know how to drive?" Alison asked while crossing her arms.

"I know how to do everything." Five says aggressively and Nova steers him back towards the door since he backtracked toward his sister.

"Except how to be polite obviously," Nova says as she tries to push him towards the door. Five surprises her by grabbing her hand and blinking them into the car. "A little warning next time would be nice."

"I forgot how annoying they all were." Five grumbled as he started the car.

"I know they're annoying but you're not helping. You're putting up your walls and being mean to them. You just got them back, don't push them away." Nova said gently.

Even when they were kids Five acted like this. He never let anyone in his walls. Well except for Nova. She was the rare exception. She always has been and always will be.

"None of that will matter if the world ends." Five said quietly as they drove.

"We'll take it one problem at a time like we always do. We're in this together, right Five?" Nova asked anxiously and he glanced at her momentarily. He could see the vulnerability in her eyes and it softened him a little bit.

"Together like always." He says while smiling softly at the girl sitting next to him.

"Good," Nova says with a nod as she looks out the window. Suddenly she grabbed Five's arm surprising him slightly. "We should go to Griddy's Donuts! Remember how we used to sneak out all the time, just us to talk shit about the others?"

"Of course, how could I forget? We still talk shit about them just now we don't have to sneak out and we say it to their faces." He says as he turns left in order to get to their beloved donut shop.

When the pair finally arrive at Griddy's Donuts they make their way to the bar. Five rings the bell while Nova kneels on the stool and leans closer to the menu trying to read it.