:::: Twenty-Eight ::::

As the former Umbrella Academy members drove up to Sissy's farm they were all shocked, to say the least. For starters, the farmer was covered in a small layer of snow which was unheard of in Dallas, Texas. And secondly, there was a giant blue vortex coming out of the barn.

"You think whatever is going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego asked as they all clambered out of the car.

"Well, the correlation is high." Five said as he helped his girlfriend out of the car. The girl suddenly wished she had worn a jacket or anything with sleeves since they were now standing in the middle of a mini snowstorm.

"Sissy! Sissy!" Vanya called as she ran towards the woman. While that was happening Five noticed how Nova hugged her arms close to herself and shivered slightly.

"Here, Nove, take my blazer." Five said as he took off his blazer and helped the girl put it on.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" Nova asked, concerned and the boy shook his head.

"Don't worry about me, darling." Five said as Nova leaned up and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Get back! All of you get back!" Sissy yelled pointing her shotgun at the group.

"Hey! Hey! What's wrong?" Vanya asked the woman who had a crazed look in her eyes. Five angled himself protectively in front of Nova even though she couldn't be killed by a bullet.

"Carl." The woman said shortly.

"What did he do to you?" Vanya asked the woman worriedly.

"He's... he's dead." Sissy stuttered. "Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, the same way you sent those policemen flying. What did you do to him? What did you do to my son?"

"We don't have time for this, Vanya," Diego said as he started forward but Sissy moved her gun so the barrel was pointed at the man.

"Where you think you're goin'?" Sissy growled.

"To help your son," Diego said calmly.

"Sissy, I found my family. These are my brother's, my sister, and my brother's girlfriend." Vanya said as she gestured to the group of people behind her.

"Ma'am," Luther said with a small wave to Sissy.

"Were you lyin' to me this whole time?" Sissy asked Vanya.

"Of course not. Look I didn't know who I was but I do now. We're not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president. We are not terrorists. Diego is not Nova's dad and we're not here to hurt anyone." Vanya said to the woman.

"Then who are you?" Sissy asked.

"The only one who can help Harlan," Vanya said and the woman nodded. Hurriedly they all followed her into the barn.

"Holy shit." Five breathed as they all stared at the boy surrounded by a swirling vortex of energy.

"Harlan! Harlan, it's me, Vanya!" Vanya yelled over the noise. "Look I know you're scared but I can help you. I need you to listen to me ok? Can you do that?"

Nova watched in fear and fascination as Vanya's eyes turned white before she stepped into the vortex with a convulsing Harlan. Five's grip on the girl's hand tightened as they both watched the scene in front of them unfold.

"Uh, guys," Klaus says from the other side of the barn.

"What?" Nova asked as she turned and walked towards the man. Her eyes widened when she saw the Handler and Lila standing in the field.

"Ah, shit." Diego groaned as he walked up behind her.

"Who the hell are they?" Klaus asked.

"One's the Handler and the other is Diego's girlfriend." Five answered and Nova noticed that the others, minus Vanya, were now watching too.