chapter four

"Y/n ?"

.
.
.
.

"Winter?!" I said, my eyes widening.

I practically jumped out of my seat and ran to hug my best friend.

"It's been too fucking long!"

_______

"So you're telling me you moved schools and lost contact with me and ningning because of your mom ? That's just fucking messed up." Winter said as she crossed her arms.

"Exactly! it's been so boring without you two!" I cried,"How's Ningning doing?"

"Ningning actually works here at the Dream Bean Coffee place with me, she just didn't show up today because she had a doctor's appointment." She sighed," School hasn't been as fun with you y/n." She pouted,"We both miss you."

"I miss you guys too." I said as I looked out the window."Hey, maybe I couldn't go ahead and give you my phone number while we're still here!" I faced her.

"Here give me your phone."

____

After seemingly endless talking and catching up on what we've been up to, we finally said our goodbyes and parted ways.

I felt free as I walked back home, a huge smile crept onto my face as I opened the front door to my house.

I was definitely going to visit the Dream Bean Coffee place soon.

I laid down onto my bed and stared up at my roof. Me and Winter had already arranged to meet at the cafe with Ningning tomorrow at 6, and I felt beyond hyper.

I was tossing and turning the whole night due to my excitement until I finnaly fell asleep.

----

6:46 am, Tuesday

BEEP
BEEP
BEEP

My peaceful slumber was yet again interrupted by my alarm.

god, I hate that alarm sound.

I brought myself to my feet and stood up to choose my clothing for the day, I kept in note that I was going to the cafe thingy with my friends.

I took a look in the mirror and tried on the outfit I came up with.

"I look good." I thought as I went to the restroom to do my business.

---

The walk to school was definitely better than the previous one.

I felt the cool air breeze through my hair as music rang in my ears. I felt lightweight, like I was soaring through the sky, maybe life was finally starting to work out for me. Maybe the universe finally decided that I've been through enough and that I could finnaly catch a break.

I entered my classroom with a smile on my face, I couldn't wait for the day to be over so I could hang out with my frien-

"You finished your presentation, right ?" That voice.

And yet again, I was stuck working with the person I hated.

-

After, of course endless minutes of bickering and scolding, we managed to get both of our presentations done before class ended.

I took a breath in utter relief as we both parted ways and thank God, we only had one class together.

I closed opened my locker and grabbed my notebooks.

"Only two more classes to go, Y/n, you'll be okay." I reassured myself.

I slammed my locker shut as I walked off onto my classes.

Nothing important usually happens on the second day, just previews of things that are going to happen later in the school year and teachers talking about nothing in particular.

School was finally over as the bell rung. I had already told my mom that I was going out, I didn't tell her who I was with of course, she would kill me for sure. She thought my friends where weird and had a bad influence on me.

I combed my hair and finnaly went to the cafe.

--

"Winter, Ningning!" I hollered as I saw my friends sitting on a table at the back.

They immediately looked up, a smile crept up my face as they ran to me for a hug saying things like," we've missed you so much!" And "I'm so happy you made it!"

We walked over to the table at the back and immediately sparked a conversation.

"No way! And all girls school ? Have you made any new friends at least!" Ningning rambled.

"Well, not really." I said as I looked down at my shoes.

"Don't worry Y/n! We're here now to save you from your misery!" Winter smiled.

The table was filled with laughter.

"Have you guys made any new friends ?" I nudged at Ningning.

"Yes! She actually works here at the cafe with us! You both have a lot in common actually." Winter cooed.

Curiosity sparked in my brain.

"Oh, hi Karina, after taking our order would you care to join us." Ningning giggled.

Karina.

There's no way, there's a lot of people named Karina in this planet, Karina's a common name.

"C'mon Yoo! We promise it won't be boring."

Yoo Karina.

I dared to not turn around, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhal-

Fuck

______

😃

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 159 READS!?
this is insane.
I'll be updating on Tuesdays and Fridays!
Ily all and take care❤️