Part 19

🔹Plane Ride Home🔹

"Bye Emma. Have fun." Liam said immediately regretting his choice of words. "I'm sorry I-" "Its okay Liam." I laughed it off. "Bye guys." I waved a final good bye and walked into the airport with Harry. "Be good Emma. Don't miss me too much." He smirked. "Don't flatter yourself. You're a total jerk." "Yeah well I never said anything about being polite." He smiled sourly and walked away. I showed the plane lady my ticket and she showed me to my seat. I had the window seat and I was so relieved. I love the window seat. I pulled out my phone but the lady told me I couldn't use it and to put it away. I was already on my second bag of peanuts and the flight attendant wouldn't give me anymore. "Excuse me aren't you supposed to be kind to customers for say?" I asked the bratty worker. "Yes we are but I think I can choose who I like." She fakely smiled. "You can say that to my review." She rolled her eyes and madly walked away from me. I can't wait to get off of this stupid thing. I was shook awake from a new, polite worker. "Thanks for waking me." I lightly smiled. "No problem." She gleamed. I grabbed my stuff and walked off the plane meeting my aunt. "You will be staying at your house." She glumly ordered me. "I don't want to." I shook from the things that happened there. "Well you're going to Emma. Don't disobey me." And for a moment she seemed mean enough to be on Harry's side and I can't help but think she was. I scoffed and tears brimmed my eyes when we pulled up to my childhood home. "I can't believe you're making me stay here." I told my aunt. "You'll be fine." Tell that to my dead family. I wish I wasn't afraid of her. I decided to stay on the couch, wanting to stay away from the memories as much as possible. "Be ready tomorrow by 9:00. The funeral starts at 10." She smoothed out her ugly skirt and just left. I called Harry to tell him how much my trip so far sucked.
H: Hey Emma.
E: Hey. My trip sucks ass so far.
H: Why? He stifled a laugh at my swearing
E: The flight attendant was rude and annoying and my aunt is mean and I don't like her.
H: I wish I was there with you.
E: Me too. It would be less boring right now.
A loud sound came from downstairs.
E: hey I have to go make some dinner. I'll call you later. Bye.
I hung up not giving him a chance to answer. I went to investigate the noise. Stupid idea yeah but I can't wait for it to come get me either. I searched the whole basement and even the whole house 3 times and found nothing. It must be my vivid imagination. The noise sounded again only this time it was quieter. I decided to ignore it minding that the last 3 times I found nothing when I looked for it.

I lasted the night and lived until morning. Although I looked like death when I woke up, I still lived. The wind must've blown hard against the side of the house or some freak nature thing scared me more than it should have. I made myself breakfast and went to get ready in my old room. When I walked through the hallway, it was really a walk down memory lane. Pictures of my family lined the walls as well as Alania's drawings. She loved Harry so much. If only she knew what he was really like. I ended up crying while I was curling my hair and burnt myself several times. I'm not mentally prepared for today. At all. I decided against makeup knowing it would only be smeared anyway. The front door downstairs opened and my aunts voice called out startling me. I dropped the curler cursing as it hit the hard floor. "Emma are you almost ready? We'll be late!" She scolded as I walked down the stairs. "It's only 7:42." I reminded and she glared at me for fixing her. I rolled my eyes at her childish behavior and walked out to her car buckling in. I took a deep breath as we pulled up to the funeral home. What I'm about to see in those caskets will never fade out of my mind.