8

A/N: small changes in storyline. I know i left out a few things. Also its "America" and not "American" on purpose. Idk why.

It was dawn, and everyone became more stressed with every minute that passed by. They knew they are gonna die. Meanwhile, Me, Hopper, and Enzo made a plan: Hopper will scare the "demogorgon" as he called it with fire, while me and Dimitri will just have to cover him. Easy peasy.

---

We were in the same concrete cage (a/n: idk how to describe it) again. We were all on our knees, while a guard was saying something in Russian, but i barely understood anything. When he finished, he left a key on the ground. Everyone stayed still. Suddenly, a deafening alarm was heard, Enzo grabbed the key, and everyone rushed to a door. Dimitri opened it, and it had different types of weapons behind it. Enzo passed a spear to Hopper, while i chose a knife for myself.

After everyone was "ready", a metal door in front of us opened. It was quiet for a few seconds. Nothing happened. Nothing, until the Demogorgon suddenly ran out it with full speed, and biting the head off of a man, who died in that second. It was even scarier than Hopper described it.
- I think it's time - I told Jim, who took out the lighter to light the piece of material wrapped around the end of the spear.

Meanwhile the Demogorgon killed almost half of the prisoner who were with us.
- You should hurry, American - Enzo spoke, since there wasn't any sign of fire. The lighter didn't work.
- I'M ON IT - he shouted. He was nervous. I looked at Enzo with a "we should do something" look.

- Hopper, hurry. Me and Enzo will buy you some time - I looked at Jim, then ran towards the Demogorgon with Dimitri next to me. He threw his axe at the monster, who was somehow not affected by this at all. It was about to kill us, but luckily Hopper stepped between us, the flaming spear in his hands.

- GO, GO, GO! - he shouted and the three of us ran towards the metal door where the demogorgon came out few minutes ago. On our way to the door, Enzo picked up his pickaxe that he threw away.

When we got to the door, me and Enzo tried to use the pickaxe to open the door, while Hopper was distracting the monster. We both grabbed the handle, and started pulling it, hoping we can open the door and escape.

Few seconds passed, but nothing happened. We tried to pull it stronger, but the pickaxe broke in two.
- Its... Broken - I said quietly, looking at the remainings of the tool.
- How are you two doing? - Hopper asked us.
- Um, about that... - I scratched the back of my neck nervously.
- The pickaxe broke - Enzo finished it for me.
- WHAT?! Try to find away to open it, go! We don't have much time! - Instructed Hopper.
- I'M TRYING! - me and Enzo yelled at the same time. We tried to open the door with our hands, me on the left side, Enzo on the right.

Suddenly, the door opened by itself.
- You see this? - I looked at Dimitri with a small smile.
- Да Америка. (yes america) Go, go! - he pushed me through the door that barely opened, with him following me.
- HOPPER! COME! - I shouted to him, and he slowly started to walk trough the door. The demogorgon luckily didn't fit trough the gap, so it stayed outside. The doors were almost closed, and the flame on the spear dissapeared.

Suddenly, the monster put its hands in the gap, and started to open the door. It was almost in, but Jim threw the spear in the demogorgon's mouth or face or what ever he has, and it took some steps back, while it screamed in pain.

The doors were closed, and now we could escape. But who opened the doors?

After a little silence, Enzo spoke.
- American... For a few moments, I thought we had your miracle. But it looks like we're locked up again.

And just as he said that, the door opened by itself. We looked at each other confused, because this doesn't happen every day. Hopper was the first to step out the room, then me behind him, and Enzo as the last. But we all stopped when we saw two people standing in the hallway. A woman and a man.

The woman walked up to Hopper, then hugging him while quietly sobbing into his chest. This must be Joyce then. Me, Dimitri and the other man just watched them. It lasted for a long minute, before Jim started to talk in a quiet, soft tone.

- Joyce? - he looked down at the woman. - Is this really you?

The woman just nodded. So yes, this is Joyce.
- I hate to say this, but i think we should get going - the other man spoke up.
- Your American friend is right it's not safe here - Enzo agreed.
- I'm sorry, but who are you two? - the man looked at us.
- Y/N L/N. Hi. Nice to meet you - I walked up to him and we shook hands.
- Dimitri Antonov. But call me Enzo - he followed me.

A/N: i hate this chapter so much.