13

We arrived at the prison's gate, but there was noone to be seen.
- Where did everyone go? There should be at least three guards! - I looked out the van's window.
- But they are gone now, so let's go in. We can't waste more time.

----

After we climbed down the vent again, we found ourselves in the laboratory next to the security room, just like it was when we left. Except one thing. The demogorgons and the particles were both gone.
- What do we do now? - Murray asked.
- Let's go to the security room, and see if we can find the particles and demogorgons on the camera - Joyce started walking towards the door, and we followed her.

When we opened the door, there wasn't anyone. And the few people who were there were all dead, except that man Murray was talking to before we escaped from here. He was barely alive. Murray kneeled down in front of him (again), and asked him what happened here. They started a conversation in russian, our only luck was that Murray translated it for us.

He told us that while they were trying to shoot down the demogorgon Enzo, Hopper and me were fighting not so long ago, they accidentally shot the capsules the other ones were in, and now they are somehow alive and free, roaming around the prison, killing everyone.
- The particles! Ask him about the particles! - Joyce cut in.
- Что случилось с частицами? (what happened to the particles?) - translated the man with glasses.
- Так и есть... в них. Оно попал в них (it's... In them. It got into them) - the Russian man said.
- He says it's in them. He got into them - Murray told us about the new information.
- In who?! - Hopper spoke up. The man was quiet. - IN WHO?! - he asked again, more furiously this time. The guard didn't say a word. He closed his eyes. His breathing stopped. He died.

- I think you got your answer, Hopper - I said while look at the demogorgons trough the camera. The particles probably got into the demogorgons.

----

We went down to the concrete cage, where the battle was, and Hopper explained the plan.
- This cage was made to keep the demogorgons inside, so we have to lure them down here. Then, we will set them on fire.
- I like this plan, except the "lure them down here" part - Murray spoke.
- How are we gonna do that? - I asked Jim.
- Joyce, you will close the doors from the security room, Murray, you will be the grill master, Y/N, you will help Murray by trying to shoot the creatures. And i... I will be the bait.
- Hopper... Are you sure about this? You don't have to be the bait - Joyce walked up to him. Jim nodded.

---

We all got into our position. Joyce in the security room, Hopper on his way to the laundry room, while me and Murray were on the platform above the arena or whatever it was called.

It was silent for a few minutes, until Murray broke the silence.
- So... What is this thing between you and this so called "Enzo"? - he asked, not even looking at me. (a/n: Murray the love doctor).

- What do you mean? - I looked at him, confused.
- I hear and see everything. How long has this been going on?
- There isn't anything between us. We are just... friends from work - I told him.
- No need to deny. Don't worry, I won't tell Jim if that's why you don't tell me.
- I told you everything! Friends. From. Work. Just friends.
- To me, it seemed more. A lot more. I saw how you looked at each other. It's obvious.
- We don't look at each other in any way! You need better glasses, because nothing happened.
- Told you. You are denying it - he whispered the last part, not like anyone could hear us.
- What?! It's like i am assuming you have a secret relationship with Joyce!
- Joyce has kids!
- And so does Enzo!

- Wait what? - he turned towards me.
- He has a son. But Joyce is a single mom, so - I tried to finish but he cut in.
- You and Enzo should get to the point where you two admit that you have romantic feelings towards each other! - he cut in.
- We don't have romantic feelings towards each other! Stop! Is this what you say to everyone? - I asked, recalling what Hopper told us when we asked him about Joyce. Yes, Murray got them.
- I just said the truth. Look, how well did he teach you Russian?
- Dunno - I said after a little thinking.
- Okay, you know what "дорогая" (darling) means?
- Umm... Not really - I told him the truth. - Enzo used to say it but never explained what it meant.
- That's the problem!

In this moment, Hopper ran trough the arena's door with Joyce next to him, the demogorgons not far behind them.
- Wait, isn't Joyce supposed to be in the security room? - I was surprised.
- NOW! - Hopper shouted. Murray started the flamethrower, while i was trying to shoot the monsters. Few seconds later, they died, except one.
- I ran out of bullets! - I told Murray.
- I can't do anything either! - he put down the flamethrower.

Meanwhile, Hopper picked up a sword from the ground, and ran towards the demogorgon. First, he just slayed its arm off, then after a little struggle, he cut off its head. There was a cute romantic moment between him and Joyce, when we heard the sound of a helicopter. We looked up. It was Yuri and Enzo.

Dimitri gave us a little wave, and i waved back, while Joyce and Hopper were coming up to the platform.