21

We took out an old mattress for Dimitri, and placed it next to the couch for the night. We introduced him to Jonathan, El, Will, and even Argyle who got invited for dinner by Jonathan and Joyce. He stayed here in Hawkins after the Vecna thing, he lives in a motel near Lucas' house, just a few streets away from it.

It was morning. Hopper and Joyce were in the doorway, saying goodbye to their kids, while me and Enzo just watched them.
- Be good until we return, and listen to Y/N and Enzo, okay? - she asks them, and they nod.
- Bye! We'll be back soon! - and with that, they closed the door, got in the car and left.

It was silent for a few minutes until i broke it.
- So, umm... What do you guys wanna do? - I turn to the younger ones. They just shrugged their shoulders. I had no idea what to do with them. Maybe if they were a bit younger, then i would suggest colouring, a movie, or something babysitters do when someone asks them to look after their kid. I figured out it was best to do what they want.

- Did you guys have breakfast? - I look at them.
- I didn't - Will spoke.
- me neither - Eleven said in her usual, quiet voice.
- Okay. What do you guys wanna eat?

After everyone placed their order and i served them, we all sat down at the table, and started discussing our plans for the day.
- Any ideas about what we should do? - Enzo looks at them while munching on his food.
- There's an arcade not far from here. Could we go there with some friends? You two can come along, it would be fun - Will suggests.

- Good idea - Eleven spoke up. Jonathan just nodded as an "okay".
- Arcade? I would like to go. I mean i can't just leave you guys somewhere. Who would you like to go with? - I take a sip from my drink.
- I don't know, maybe Dustin, Lucas, Mike?
- Okay! Dimitri? - I look at him, waiting for his opinion on this.
- Let's go there then - he puts down the spoon. - We can go after we finished eating.
- We can go with Argyle's van - Jonathan joins the conversation. - Wait, can he join us too?
- Of course! I don't mind - I say while collecting the plates. - Call your friends and ask them if they can come, we will pick them up.

- Everybody here? - I ask, looking into the rear-view mirror. Lucas was in the hospital with Max, he said he wants to be with her till she wakes up, so we picked up Erica instead, who overheard Will and Lucas' conversation. Dustin brought Steve with him, and Mike was getting in the car on the seat next to Eleven. I was on the passenger seat, and Argyle was driving. The others were in the back.

A few minutes later we arrived at the arcade. We got out, and entered.
- Hey, I hope It doesn't bother you guys that i also came - Steve walks up to me.
- No, don't worry, we're happy that you are here. You are definitely more skilled in babysitting than me, and they only told me good things about you. You seem like a nice person - I patted his back.

He was like a literal legend in the kids' eyes. Dustin wouldn't shut up about him. He told me about the time he fought Billy, (they later explained me that he was Max's brother), a Russian dude because obviously the russians are the bad guys every time, and killed demogorgons with a baseball bat.

Turns out Erica was better in these arcade games than we tought, while Jonathan was terrible, so he just watched his brother play. Mike and Eleven were playinv together the entire time, while Dustin was playing with Will, who finally seemed happier than usual. (a/n: will deserves to be happy after what he went trough)

Steve and i were encouraging the kids with Argyle while Dimitri was sitting at a table. (a/n: steve the best single mom. Added this gif of him encouraging his son <3)

 Added this gif of him encouraging his son <3)