25

When we got home, Will put the DVD in the player, while I made the kids popcorn. They sat down on the couch, the mattress in front of the couch, and on some bigger pillows that they put on the ground. It was early evening, and Erica said she had to leave, so it was only Mike, Dustin and Nancy left, who came here not long after we started the movie to visit Jonathan.

Dimitri was outside, smoking, so i decided to leave the others in the living room, and walked out to the porch.
- Hi - I heard him say as i closed the door behind me.
- Hey. Smoking? - I looked at the cigarette in his hand.
- Yeah. I would ask you if you want one, but you told me you don't smoke, so i decided not to ask - he says before exhaling some smoke.

-You remembered this? - I smile. My memory was really bad, I sometimes even forgot my own birthday, but looks like he was the opposite. The subject of smoking was mentioned only once, back when we were guards. - When did i say this, like half a year ago? You must have a really good memory to remember things like this.
- Yeah. Some people say this.

There was a moment of silence between us before Enzo spoke again.
- Dog tags? - he pointed at the dog tags in my neck. I looked down on them, and a small smile forced its way on my face.
- Oh, this? - I touch it. - It was my brothers. This is the only thing i have left from him.
- Michael, huh? You told me about him - he puts the cigarette on a small plate after he couldn't smoke it anymore.
- Really?
- Yes, his name, personality, birthday, how he looked like, how you two became pilots, and even some childhood stories - he explains, and i just listen.

We just stood there after this. The silence wasn't awkard or anything, it was actually really peaceful. We just started at the trees surrounding the house while listening to the sound of the few bird that flew by and the grasshoppers around us. Slowly, some little lights started appearing in the dark night out of nowhere. Enzo looked confused, and tried to guess what that little dot was.

- Have you ever seen these? - I turn my head towards him.
- No. Do you know what are these? - he asks quietly.
- Don't tell me you don't have fireflies in Russia - I walk closer to him.
- Fireflies?
- Yep. That's what they are called. You never read about them? Or at least seen one? - I look at the firefly in front of us.
- Never. Do you have many of these here in America? - he tried to touch the bug, but it dissapears.
- Some. They usually start appearing late evening. Kids always try to catch them. Sometimes even dogs or cats try it, but if they do, they just accidentally swallow it.
- They look really nice - he softly smiles.

- How long have we known each other? A year? - he chuckles.
- It seemed much more. But now that i think about it, yes, a year.