chapter five

vanessa

I've only been sitting down for an hour and I'm already on the verge of passing out. I never would have thought that having dinner with the Díaz family would be so boring. The entire hour has just been filled with people talking about their own business and success or it's been about the unexpected news that Gabriel has suddenly decided to settle down with the enemy's daughter. Whatever the case, I'm not interested and I sure as hell won't be sitting through the entire dinner in utter boredom.

Gabriel has been encouraging me to talk to other people around the table. I don't want to have to deal with trying to have a conversation with someone who will only talk about themselves, so after fifteen minutes of trying to convince me, he gave up.

I also noticed that he hasn't stopped touching me since I first grabbed his hand when we were first sitting down. I thought that it was just because he wasn't paying attention, at first, or that his arm was comfortable behind my seat, but when he started caressing my thigh and rubbing small circles into my skin, I knew that Gabriel knew exactly what he was doing.

Then again, I haven't made a move to take his hand off so I can't blame his actions alone. I've gotten used to his hand resting there but he hasn't let me move since he put it there. It doesn't help that I need to go to the bathroom before my bladder explodes and he's holding me hostage in my chair.

"I need to go to the bathroom," I whisper to Gabriel, who is invested in a conversation with Vincenzo. He turns his head to me and raises an eyebrow. "I've had to for twenty minutes now while you were busy keeping me caged to the chair.

Gabriel's lips twitch into an amused smirk. "I'll take you," he offers and starts getting up.

I grab his wrist to stop him and he listens. "I'll find my way."

He narrows his eyes but doesn't push me for answers. "It's the first door on the left of that hall I took you down earlier."

"Right. You kept me trapped in there, too," I smirk when Gabriel rolls his eyes. "I'll be quick. And make sure you get me the Oreo cheesecake for dessert if I take too long."

He nods his head, watching as I stand out of my seat. I'm just about to walk away when Gabriel grabs my hand, more specifically the left one, and plays with the ring he put on my finger. He gently guides me back down, getting closer to his height.

"Don't you think you should give your fiancé a kiss, princesa?" Gabriel mumbles with a growing smirk of his own.

"You're insane," I mutter back with a clenched smile and make sure to use a volume only Gabriel would be able to hear. "I'm not kissing you."

"I thought you said you were a good actor," he retorts, removing his hand from mine and letting it go up my arm at a slow pace. I gasp and resist pushing his hand off, having to hide back a shiver once he starts caressing my collarbone and neck. "Good actors know how to play the part."

"That's not fair."

"And who said anything about fairness?"

I narrow my eyes at Gabriel's, which are a lot closer than twenty seconds ago. I haven't even realized that I've been the one leaning in until I'm closer to his height sitting. It's too late to realize my mistake, though. Gabriel pulls me closer and encases my lips in a hard kiss, cupping the back of my neck when he feels me pulling back. My eyelashes flutter until my eyes shut and I cup Gabriel's cheek, moving my mouth in unison with his.

After hearing a quiet rumble arise from the back of his throat, I'd say he likes that I'm giving in, and instead of worrying about what I'm doing with an audience, I find myself relaxing into his body.