chapter fourteen

vanessa

This is it. The moment I've been terrified to talk to anyone about for over twelve years: how one day turned me from Vanessa into Reina de la Muerte. I'm shaking from nerves. This is the first time I've ever spoken about this out loud and now that I have people willing to hear my story, I don't know where to start or how I'm even going to get the words out.

Gabriel doesn't ask for any words as he helps me dress, though. I feel like a fucking child for being so useless but it doesn't look like he's minded from how long it took him to pick an outfit and put it on.

Once Gabriel finishes, he stands to his full height and stares down at me.

I can't forget that in order to get Olsen to pay for what he's done, my mother will have to pay the same price. I need to trust myself that this is the right call and I need to trust my husband. He's more than deserved it after last night.

"I'm ready," I sigh with a nod. "Let's go."

"If you're sure," Gabriel mumbles back.

"I'm sure. This can't wait any longer."

He nods, gripping my chin to tilt my head back. He kisses me briefly and I return it immediately, cupping the back of his neck. When Gabriel pulls back, I stumble closer into his arms with a whine.

It's been forever since our last kiss.

I barely make out Gabriel's amused look because I lunge, slamming our lips together with a content moan. His hand pushes into the small of my back as his lips move in perfect synchronization against mine but one kiss is all I need to cave into my desires.

I tightly hold his shirt tightly between my fingers, and pull him so close our bodies are touching.

It gets heated fast and so does he. Every time our tongues touch, his kisses become more desperate, his hands bunching my skirt through a hard grip before gripping my ass tighter. Our mouths part for only a second and Gabriel breathes heavily, his chocolate eyes to remaining on mine. I lick my lips and glance at his,

"Don't." Then he grabs hold of my neck and presses our lips together.

"Kiss me."

He kisses me again harder and it brings a moan out of me, wrapping an arm up to his hair to grip it.

"Like that."

"You started it," I breathe back and pull him down to my height, our mouths clashing desperately.

We should be focused on the task. We should be in the conference room—that's what I should be telling him. Instead I'm letting him take off the exact same clothes he put on me.

"The... meeting," he pants between kisses down my neck. "We should go."

"I know."

Gabriel lifts my skirt over my hips, pulling me to the edge of the bed. "You don't need a distraction," he mutters.

"You're my husband. Not a distraction." I smile. "Fuck me, Gabriel."

He dips his head down, pecking down my naked waist. "We don't have enough time for the things I want to do to you."

My face burns up so fast I barely realize it's happening. Oh, goodness...

He's going to be the death of me.

"Consider this a sneak-peek," Gabriel adds, looking up at me with a smirk. "Unless you'd rather we fuck it out now and not when we're back."

I glare at him, watching his smirk widen. "I'll walk out right now."