chapter twenty

gabriel

There's gotta be something wrong with me. I came into today with intentions of taking Vanessa to dinner for the simple reason of bonding and somehow ended up in a sex shop. There's something I find so erotic about watching her slowly give into her desires as it is. I couldn't imagine how she'll try to keep her composure, especially in public of all places, which is why I made this investment.

Part of me is doing this as payback for the last two weeks. Vanessa didn't give me a chance to talk to her and explain the reason behind the contract's existence, refusing to listen; though she had her reasons, considering I had several opportunities to tell her the truth, our entire honeymoon was spent apart. I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually wanted to do the fucking thing. My irritation is there but I won't hold onto it forever.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with having fun with my wife.

"Oh, God..." My beautiful wife whimpers as I press the plus sign on the toy's remote. Her cheeks have been red since we left the store, the poor thing. "P-please, Gabriel."

Her steps come to a stop and Vanessa's eyes meet mine. She hold the hem of her dress tightly between her fingers and even her hands are shaking.

"You've been doing such a good job tonight, mi reina. Just before dinner, too," I chuckle. "I hope you've got a big appetite for what's in store tonight."

Vanessa bites her lip, glancing down at her hands, before straightening out. I raise an eyebrow as she slowly walks toward me, glaring through my skull.

"I'm going to murder you after dinner," she grits out as she walks passed me.

I smirk.

We make our way toward the restaurant, moving much slower because of Vanessa's odd posture.

"Straighten up, Nessa."

Vanessa hesitantly does as I say and stands to her full height as I usher her to the steps, and I smirk at the murderous glare in her eyes. I love those looks.

"Turn it down," she hisses.

"Where's the fun in that?"

"Gabriel."

I grunt but give in, lowering the intensity. Vanessa's body immediately relaxes and she blows out a relieved sigh, resting her head on my shoulder and weight against me.

"I could throw a tantrum about this," she says. "But I won't."

"Because your orgasms are in my hands," I smirk back smugly.

She smacks my arm as I extend it for her to grab it, beginning her climb up the steps to the restaurant. I follow closely behind her, chuckling under my breath, and kiss her cheek once I've caught up.

"This isn't funny, Gabriel," she pouts, grabbing onto my arm when I offer it a second time. "Do you know how hard you've made today for me? I wanted to go shopping."

"Today we're supposed to be bonding. Not shopping."

"We are still bonding," she argues with a grin. "Married couples do this type of stuff all the time and I got you a present—several presents, in fact. Besides, you like shopping."

"I don't."

"You were looking at lingerie and ties for over an hour," Vanessa snorts. "You like shopping. There's nothing wrong with admitting it."

"Vanessa, don't like shopping," I mutter and move my hand from the small of her back to her hip, pulling her closer. "I only liked looking at all of the different things I'm going to fuck you in tonight."