chapter seven

vanessa

Nothing makes my days better than waking up to every curtain in my room ripped open and the sun obnoxiously shining in my face. It's not like I've already been deprived of sleep for the last three days and wanted to be able to sleep in for a change. Nope, not at all.

I rub the blurriness from my eyes as I sit up. While I'm looking around, only one thought pops into mind.

This isn't my bedroom.

Everything is dark. It's minimalistic and well organized, too, like someone took the time to put everything in a specific order; the other side of the bed has already been set while I was still asleep. They couldn't wait for me to wake up, apparently. My eyes slide across the room and land on a tiny slip of paper on the nightstand.

Be ready to leave the house for 10. Breakfast will be downstairs for you

I rush my shower. Every second within those ten minutes makes me feel gross. I'm not used to showering without doing everything I normally do so having to wash my hair and body down as quickly as I can makes my skin crawl in ways I never thought possible. I step into the room and dry myself off, walking off to a dresser and taking a peek inside. Most of the clothes are either black or red.

Real creative. Thanks.

"You're up."

I spin around and cover my chest with my towel, staring at Gabriel with widened eyes. He's just opening the door with his head bowed to look in a file. He takes a quick glance at me just as he closes the door but, just as fast as he looked away, his eyes snap back up to me to take a longer look past my face. I can't move from my spot as Gabriel watches me, even after our eyes meet again, and I feel the dull throb between my thighs worsen at the slow smirk that pulls at his lips.

Gabriel licks his lips and does another quick glance down my body. "Were you expecting me, princesa?"

"Do you not know how to knock?" I snap back, desperately trying to wrap the towel around me without flashing him. "This is the third time you've done this."

"Considering we're getting married in three days, I didn't think it would be a big deal." Gabriel takes another step too close and when I stumble away from him, he catches me by the waist. "Besides, we have yet to get more acquainted with each other and it would be a shame to wait until our wedding night."

Goodness, I hate this man. I hate the way my body feels around him.

"If that's your way of saying you want to have sex then you're out of your damn mind," I snap back, holding the towel closer to myself. "What do you want, Díaz?"

"We're seriously still on a last-name basis?"

I glare at him. "Yes. Why are you in my room?"

Gabriel takes a seat on the foot of the bed and gives the room a lazy glance. When our eyes meet, I have to stop the urge to simply glare at his face. I don't like it.

Now I just need to repeat that every day until I believe it.

"Vincenzo is downstairs waiting for you," he begins and looks back at the file. "You have an appointment with my tailor in three hours and then he'll be giving you a tour of the property."

"I don't need a tour guide or a damn escort, Gabriel," I grumble as I pull out a simple black sleeveless dress. "Why isn't this hung up in a closet like a sane person?"

Gabriel scans the dress and raises an eyebrow. "You're not wearing that."

I slowly move my attention to Gabriel and when I spot his serious gaze, I can't help but scoff at him. "Last time I checked, you don't get to tell me what to do."