Internal Bewildered World

Alex Pov

One thing I've always like was horror movies, seeing characters with supernatural abilities, even if they were villains and killing teenagers, it made me feel less like a freak for my own powers. I wake early on Halloween, trick or treating is probably one of my favourite things to do every year. I wasn't aware of the customs of wearing costumes in school, but I figured I might as well. My costume is a hazmat suit, with a mask and full yellow material, so no one would be able to tell it was me, which is how I prefer to be. So getting geared up in my outfit I head to school.

Time skip to school

I walk up to school and notice no one is wearing a costume, I have a brief panic as now everyone's eyes will be on me, however I notice the four boys from yesterday also wearing costumes so maybe I wont take most of the bullying, I silently walk past them and one of them calls out.

"Hey, he's wearing a costume" One of them shouts as the four run over to me.

"Hey, cool hazmat costume, did you make it yourself" somebody dressed as 'Venkman' praises.

I shake my head and continue walking through school, I expect to be called names but seemingly people are avoiding me, as I walk to my locker I hear people whispering and look over to them, they instantly stop until I walk out of earshot. I walk past some older kids who actually complement me on my costume, the ghostbusters however...

"Who you gonna call, the nerds!" One popular girl mocks the boys, as much as I don't want to get involved I decide that technically these guys have been nice to me. So I walk behind the popular group.

"A̵͚͉͒p̶̨̤̑̋ó̵͜l̸̥̤͐̇o̷͍̾g̴̳̒͌i̸͕̓z̵̦̓é̴̞̀" I say as I try to force down the oncoming vomit, to my surprise it works and I feel my nose start to bleed, but its covered by the mask. The popular group instantly begin saying sorry as other people in the hallway stare at me wondering how I was able to have such an effect on them, I nod at the others before leaving to go to class. 

3rd Person Pov

"Yeah and he's our friend...so...you got a problem with us you got one with him" Mike shouts to the hallway as the other kids look away from them, the boys smile thinking they've just made a new friend. Max skates past Dustin and Lucas, leaving them gawking at her. They mentally prepare themselves to talk to her but chicken out at the last minute.

Alex Pov

The mask made it hard to breathe for too long so I ended up taking it off when class ended, though that didn't make people any less intimidated by me. I walk down the hallway after class and see Max talking to two of the boys who cornered me earlier. I decide to put my mask back on to avoid being recognised. I almost walk past them when one of them puts his hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch, that was another reason I wore the hazmat suit. I turn around and pick his hand up to drop it off my shoulder.

"Do I know you?" I say to the boys as Max's eyes widen slightly.

"Alex?" She says in disbelief.

"...yeah" I mumble.

"Oh your the other new kid, we were wondering if maybe you wanted to come with us trick or treating." One of them says. 

"Do I know you?" I ask.

"Oh I'm Lucas-" Lucas says.

"Dustin" He cuts in as he holds his hand out for me to shake.

"Why would I go trick or treating with you...no offence" I mumble.

"Well, we know where to get the full sized candy bars" Dustin brags.

"I don't eat candy" I say, I never really found the appeal, I normally end up giving my bag to someone else when I'm done, it brings a slight smile to my face when I see a little kid lose his shit over an extra bag of candy. Except for three musketeers, I always eat those.