Forced Changes Of Myself

3rd Person Pov

While a normal conversation takes place at the front of the car, Steve and Dustin are trying to stop Alex from eating all the food they had gotten for Eddie, however their failing miserably, they both know if they just ask Max to tell Alex to stop he will. But Max has been enjoying the show so she let it continue.

"I haven't eaten real food in like 40 years, let me have this" Alex slurs as he finishes the final bag of chips. Robin and Nancy talk about Eddie and Alex's head snaps up.

"Eddie?....sounds familiar" Alex thinks.

"Wait do you know him?" Nancy asks desperately.

"Yeaaaah kindaaaaaa" Alex draws out, making him laugh halfway through speaking.

"Is it just me or has ever since Alex came back he's been acting all...loopy?" Steve asks.

"Ooh ooh I know I know" Alex raises his hand and he leans into Steve's ear to whisper. "Its the druuuuuuuuuugs" 

"Drugs?" Steve asks. "What drugs?"

"Alex is taking drugs?" Lucas asks as he notices a small plastic jar full of pills in his pocket, he takes it out and inspects it.

"Heeey, gimme that" Alex slurs as he flops himself over the seat, placing himself in between Max and Lucas. "I neeeeed those" 

"Oh shit" Nancy says as she turns the corner and reveals a crowd gathered around the policemen talking on TV.

"What's that?" Alex naively asks as he's forced out of the publics gaze by Nancy.

"Everyone still think's he's dead, we have to keep him hidden" Nancy says as they order him to stay back while everyone else leaves to take a look, Alex sighs but takes a pill and continues eating and drinking all they have.

A few minutes pass, the car door opens and Steve yanks Alex out of the car and leads him into the woods, they don't even explain anything as they lead him into the woods, they finally let him go and he takes Max's side as they begin walking, Lucas comes up to the two.

"So...what was that about the pills earlier?" Lucas asks as Alex's eyes widen. He frantically pats his jacket and he goes silent for a moment.

"You okay?" Max asks. Alex slightly shakes his head.

"No no no no no no no no no...I forgot them, we have to go back" Alex says as he spins around for a moment. "Which way is back?" 

"We can go get them later, we have to find Eddie first" Lucas says, Alex approaches him and grabs his shoulders.

"No no, you don't understand..." Alex zones out. "It makes me...think...I don't wanna think"

"Think about what?" Max asks.

"Everything, about Hopper...he's still in Russia who knows what their doing to him." Alex says.

"I'm sure everything will be alright" Lucas reasons.

"You don't know that!" Alex snaps. "Max nearly died and I wasn't even there...who knows who's next...what if 'Vecna' comes after you? what if he comes after Steve, or-or Dustin" 

"Alex...whatever happens, we'll be ready, but we need you to be safe, I don't know what these drugs are doing to you but your different, Max wont tell you because she loves you no matter what, but we miss the you who could crack jokes but also get serious when he needed to be, we miss the respectful and smart you..." Lucas says as Alex stares in disbelief.

"Max, is that true?" Alex says looking to her, she avoids eye contact with him before answering.

"Yes" She mumbles as Alex reflects on himself, he's only been here for a few hours and he already feels like a different person.