All That Follows Is True

Alex Pov

Due to my practically broken foot I was given the day off, normally when I don't have school I'd wake up an leave the house to explore the woods and town, almost every time I go out I find something new, and then I'd come back before my father gets home at 9pm. I woke up late today, like really late.

It was already midday when I decided to leave for the woods, it had a whole load of nothing, but it didn't stop me from wandering until about midday, I stumbled across a pumpkin patch, but all these pumpkins we're rotten and covered in flies, along with being practically guarded by people in white hazmat suits. 

I spot Chief Hopper, me and him have had a few conversations before but nothing to major, I actually helped him on a case once, helping to stop a runaway car. I walk up to him as he's talking with someone.

"Hello Chief" I greet.

"Oh hey kid, shouldn't you be in school or something?" He asks back.

"No, foot broken" I say pointing to my bandaged foot. "But its fine, I can still walk"

"Okay...just making sure-" Hopper gets cut off by the radio beeping.

"Hey Chief, you know that Russian girl Murray was on about...I'm starting to think he's not so crazy" The radio says, Hoppers eyes begin to widen.

"Stay where you are, don't move" He warns as he rushes to his car. He opens the door but pauses for a moment. 

"Hey kid, you doing anything?" He asks me.

"No"

"Because I think I might need your help again" 

Time skip

After about 20 minutes of driving we find a girl who looks oddly familiar. Hopper gets out of the car and the girl looks at him for a moment before getting in the car as well. He drives me home at around 8pm so my father doesn't know where I went, he apologizes for wasting my time and leaves. I decide to call it a night as I go back to school tomorrow.

Time skip

I enter school and try walking to class but I'm interrupted by noise coming for the back of the school, I follow it to find Max, Mike, Dustin and Lucas next to a trash can.

"Oh, hey Alex" Dustin greets, my eyes look to Lucas who is standing in the garbage can.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Looking for D-" Lucas starts but Mike cuts him off.

"Dustin's epi pen, he's allergic to nuts so we need it" Mike says. I can tell he's lying, how would Dustin be able to eat three musketeers if you need nuts to make it, I come to the conclusion they don't want me to know something.

"You smell like...shit" I say to Lucas blankly, causing Max to laugh.

"Whatever" He sighs and heads inside, the rest of us follow.

Another time skip

We all wait outside as Mike uses the phone, after a while he runs to us.

"Anything?" 

"AV room, right now" 

We all turn to go inside but Mike stops me and Max.

"Part members only" Mike warns.

"Sorry Max" Lucas apologizes.

"Yeah sorry Max" Dustin furthers, I feel a bit hurt as they didn't even bother mentioning me. I look over to Max and she looks just about as confused as I do.

"Did I...do something wrong" I ask sadly. She just looks back to me with a raised eyebrow.

"No, its that asshole Mike" she scolds.

Me and Max decide to walk to the AV room anyway, I really want to help them with whatever their going through. 

"Y'know what...just forget it" Max says as she walks off in a huff, I don't want to bother her so I just head to my locker.

Just as I'm finishing up Dustin comes round the corner and appears to be sad about something.

"Hey Alex, have you see Lucas we're supposed to look for Dart?" He says.

"Who's Dart?" I ask back, his face instantly drops and I can see he's getting panicked.

"Uhh...my cat, went missing a few days ago" 

"Oh well...I can help you look if you want-" I say but I'm cut off by Dustin panicking again.

"NO...I mean no thank you" He tries to cover, I look down in disappointment and begin to nervously bite my fingers.

"Do you...not like me..." I ask.

"What...no of course we like you" 

"Then why are you lying to me" 

"We're not lying" Dustin tries to cover, I decide to take the hint and walk back home without another word.

Time skip

I walk back to my house to hear strange noises. I grab a knife and creep around to the garage, the noises get louder as I slowly open the door to find two dog like fleshy creatures eating from the cooler.

"Holy shi-" I say but the two creatures notice and turn around, they have no eyes and open their large mouths, they scream and their mouths form a petal like pattern.

Kinda short chapter but I'm gonna make it so every chapter is one episode...K bye