Denial Unravelling

2 chapters in one day cos I'm feeling like it...

Alex Pov

The creatures shriek at me as I run back into the kitchen, the monsters crash through the door and begin trashing the house, I try to hide while rationalising my circumstances.

"None of this is real, its just in my head" I whisper to myself while clutching the knife. 

The monster screams before it runs up to me in an attempt to bite my face, but I grab one of the face flaps and swing it into the wall, I then stab its chest as I kicks me and the other one rounds the corner. It screeches at me and jumps to my but I throw a vase in its face.

The other creature gets up and charges at me but I kick it and stab its torso, it attacks and hobbles away before I can get the knife back. I turn to the kitchen draws in an attempt to search for a knife.

"Knife knife...COME ON KNIFE!" I yell in frustration as the creature without the knife in it gets back up and starts chasing me. 

The only other sharp object I can think of is my dads razor behind the mirror in the bathroom. I rush up there as the beast trails me and find the Razor, the creature stands in the hall before going into my room. I follow it to find it eating one of the three musketeers Dustin had left behind. I creep up behind it and stab it, and stab it, and stab it. Until the razor breaks. 

"DIE!" I yell out as I stop, leaving the monster a bloody mess of guts.

I then make my way downstairs to try and find the other monster, and to get my knife back. I hear the screech as I check in the garage, it rushes at me but misses as I run out and lock the door, leaving the monster locked in the garage.

I collect my thoughts for a moment before getting an idea, my dad has taught me that when animals don't have eyes, they use smell to locate their own species. So I go back up to my room and smear the blood of the creature all over me, I check the mirror and notice I look straight out of a horror movie.

Normally, the idea of smearing blood on your face would send anyone to the bathroom with an upset stomach, me especially, but I figured as it was literally life or death I had to. I also went to the basement, my grandfather was a war vet, and he previously owned this house so when he left, his old war stuff was still in the basement, including an M1 Grand rifle. I grabbed the rifle and opened the door to see the creature, knife still in it, just standing there.

It screeched before running right past me, if I was normal I'd call the cops, clean up and call it a day, but I'm not normal, people could be in danger, so I rush after it, as it could lead me to more of them.

Time skip

3rd Person Pov

Lucas and Max are talking at the top of the bus, waiting for Dart when Max begins to worry.

"Hey...why didn't you invite Alex" She asks.

"Alex...he, um...wouldn't understand" Lucas replies.

"What if Dart found him, he could've gotten hurt" 

"Why do you like him so much, he sings one song and your in love" Lucas bitterly replies.

"He's done more than sing okay, he's actually a really cool and nice person, you could take some hints" Max replies, the once happy conversation had ended in an argument. Just then a creature is spotted out in the dark.

"Guys I got eyes on Dart, and its got a...knife in it" Lucas questions.

"Lucas where!" Dustin calls.

"Ten o'clock!" He yells back.

The duo watches as the creature doesn't take the bait, and Steve walks out with his bat. He walks out and starts whistling for the creature. Off in the one of the scrap heaps, Alex crawls and aims his rifle at the dog. Suddenly, more monsters appear and stare down Steve.

"Steve, watch out!" Lucas yells.

"Little busy here" Steve replies.

Dustin opens the door to the bus and yells for Steve to abort the mission, the creature leaps towards Steve but is shot in the neck by a still unnoticed Alex, the shot rings out and everything goes silent.

"Holy shit...what was that" Lucas whisper.

"I don't know but it just saved his life" Dustin admires.

Suddenly another shot rings out and the monsters begin going towards the sound.

"Somethings moving over there, 9 o'clock!" Lucas shouts.

Suddenly, Alex emerges and readies a machete, two monsters jump at him but he sends his machete through ones neck, nearly decapitating it. He then furiously stabs the other before going to the one with the knife still it it, killing it, and takes his knife back. 

He sees the others still in the bus as a monster looms over them and Steve threatens it with his bat. Thinking quickly, Alex pulls out his rifle and shoots the creature in the torso, but as he does, the creatures attention turns to something else and it runs off.

"Holy shit..." Lucas breathes out. 

"Who is that kid" Steve says looking at Alex slowly trudge towards them, strapping the gun behind his back.

"I don't know but he looks angry" Dustin says as he gets to the door, breaks it open and walks inside, the group gets a good look at the person who saved their lives, and realise its Alex.

"Hello" He simply greets.

"Alex?" All of them except Steve say in confusion.

"Yeah?...c'mon, their going somewhere" He simply says as he motions for the others to follow him out of the bus.

Feel like the pace is being a bit weird but I'm sure I'll get better with time, comments and votes are always a help...k Bye