Burning Despair Does Ache

Alex Pov

"He said he was building something, for me" El says nervously.

"He's talking about the flayed..." I add.

"He's building an army just like we thought" Lucas adds.

"But he's not building it to spread, he's building it to stop Eleven and Alex"  Mike concludes.

"If their out of the picture" 

"Game over" 

"He also said they'd kill all of you" El says and I feel Max's hand tighten around mine. 

My head starts hurting, not like a headache, not like a migraine, but more like somebody took a sledgehammer and repeatedly started beating me over the head with it, I remove my hand from Max's and hold my head in my hand, I struggle to breathe as I hear a high pitched roar, although the others dont.

"Alex, Alex are you okay" Max worriedly as my head began to pound with pain.

"Somethings...coming" I managed to get out in pained speech.

3rd Person Pov

Nancy and the others all rushed outside as Max stayed with Alex and brought his head to her chest and hugged him tight as the pain only got worse. Eventually they all came back inside and began blocking entrances and grabbing weapons, while he remained in the middle of the room with Max's arms around him. Everyone gathered around the two of them, seemingly protecting them, the light began to flicker and the house began to lightly shake.

"Its getting...closer" Alex said as his head hurt even more. 

Suddenly a large tentacle burst through one of the frail wooden walls and everyone backed up, Jonathan grabbed an axe and tried to sever it however he was flung before he was able too. Nancy started firing at it with a shotgun but it was surprisingly ineffective as the tentacle turned its attention towards her.

Everything else happened in a flash to Alex, it was going ok at first, with El severing two other tentacles with her mind, but then it all went to shit when a larger tentacle came from the roof and attached itself to El and started pulling her towards a gaping mouth, everyone started pulling her while Alex's headache only got worse as a loud ringing noise started.

"Stop...p-please...stop" Alex mumbled as the ringing only got worse, no one could here him.

"I said stop" Alex thought he was yelling at this point, however to everyone else they would've heard a normal inside voice, except they couldn't hear it because everyone was screaming.

"S̷̨̥̠͉̭̽̽̓́̽̿͝Ṱ̶̦̪̠̳̲̈́̑̌̈́̿̾͌͗̉͜͝͠Ọ̴̧͈̭̫̣͈̖͚̀̈́̆Ṗ̷̮̬̻̺̗͓̖̤͈̝̞̟͎͇̤̬̭̑͗̋͂̈́̉̚͜!!" Alex's voice run out and everyone stopped.

The monster still held El in its tentacle but other than that it had completely frozen, Alex noticed everyone else had frozen too, he could see their eyes darting around so he knew they were still there. Alex calmly took his hands from his head, walked over to the axe Jonathan had dropped and with one chop had severed El from the tentacle, the monster let out a screech, making everyone regain consciousness.

Mike noticed that the mouth of the tentacle was still attached to El so without any regard for her safety, ripped it off violently, causing her to shriek, she managed to stand up and used her powers to tear the monsters head in half. 

"Go go go" Jonathan said as we all rushed to the car.

Time skip

We all arrive at a convenience store and set El down while Nancy grabs supplies, she turns to El and gets ready to clean the wound, but Max stops her.

"Woah woah what are you doing?" Max says as she puts her hand out.

"Cleaning the wound" Nancy says before trying again, only to be stopped.

"First we need to stop the bleeding, then disinfect, then bandage" Max says as Alex stupidly smiles next to her. "What are you smiling about?" 

"My girlfriends a genius" Alex smiles as Max rolls her eyes and sends Nancy and Jonathan to get more supplies.

"Does any of this help" Lucas says as he empties his bag of useless items onto the floor.

"No...go get us a washcloth and a bowl" Max orders as Lucas and Will leave.

"Max...can I talk to you...its about someone...important" Mike says looking at Alex, although he doesn't notice.

"Uh...sure, Alex you stay here and apply pressure" Max says as she kissed his forehead and walks off with Mike, the two lab kids sit there for a second before Alex speaks.

"He really cares about you" He admits.

"What?" El asks.

"Mike...he uh...cares about you, sure he goes the wrong way about it but...its the thought that counts I suppose" Alex chuckles.

"Thanks...Max cares about you too...she tells me how great you are" El says.

"I'm sure she's just being nice, its what girlfriends do" Alex admits.

"She said she loves you?" El says as if she doesn't know what that means and Alex's eyes widen.

"O-oh...oh...that's nice" Alex says as Max and Mike come back, Max with a massive blush and avoiding Alex's eyes. "Is something wrong?" 

"No no...lets just-" 

Dustin's voice appears on the radio and tries talking, although it comes out in short bursts of static, Mike tries to talk back and understand him but it fizzles out before he can understand.

Time skip

El sits in front of the freezer with a blindfold over her head as everyone forms a semicircle around her, Max's hand gripping onto Alex's tightly. Lucas cracks open a coca cola and begins drinking it.

"How can you even drink that?" Mike questions.

"Because its delicious" Lucas says back. They begin arguing back and forth until El rips her blindfold off angrily.

"Did you...find him?" Alex asks as El slowly nods.

Time skip

They all arrive at Star court and see Dustin, Steve, Erica and Robin, looming over them is 4 mysterious people with their guns drawn.

"Don't worry, I got this" Alex puts his hand in front of El, he steps up onto the railing and cups his hands around his mouth.

"HEY ASSHOLES!" He yells out, all four of them turn to face him with confused faces. "K̸̢̫̟͉͌̇i̴̠͊l̸͙̦͌̕̕̚ļ̴̜̠͙̾ ̷̣̓͒̈́͜y̸̜̦̕o̸͉̲̟͂̑u̶̩͚͔͌͜ṣ̸͖́͛̆̓ȩ̸̫͈͖͊͊̿̈ḽ̵͐f̵̞̻̹̩̅͊͂" 

The soldiers eyes goes white and they all aim their guns towards their heads and fire, they all drop and the two groups rush towards each other. They all say their hellos and try to understand their stories of an army of the dead and evil Russians but everyone's attention is taken when El falls to the floor.

"El! El! What's wrong El?" Mike says worried as El screams in pain.

The next chapter will be the last one and I have something dubious planned, read my other books if you haven't already...k bye