Whatever Happens, I Love You

3rd Person Pov

Alex wanders the dusty, decrepit old wooden floors as his feet creek every time their placed down, he's not entirely sure what to look for except for anything out of the ordinary, the only rule was that they were not allowed to speak, in fear of alerting Vecna too early.

Erica appeared in the doorway and nodded before going back downstairs, Alex knew what this meant and followed suit, ending up with the others in front of a blue lantern, glowing much brighter than his. Erica nudged Alex's shoulder, alerting him to the note they had written.

Phase One?

Alex nodded, sending Erica and Lucas running out of the house towards the front yard, leaving Max and Alex alone.

A faint blue glow illuminates Alex and Max, who sit opposite each other, finding eye contact slightly awkward, Max's eyes widen slightly as she grabs a pen and her notepad. 

Hi

Max smiles and looks away, Alex chuckles and picks up his pen and notepad as well.

Sup

Max stifles a laugh before turning her attention back to her notepad.

I'm glad your back

Me too

Couldn't imagine this without you

When'd you get so corny?

Max raised her eyebrow at this but couldn't hold it before once again smiling and diverting her eyes.

Been a while since we went on a date

Wherever U wanna go

Anywhere with you

Alex wanted to flip back to his earlier question, but decided to just let her be cute and write back.

I love you <3

I love you 2 <3

They would've continued but the flicker of Erica and Lucas's flashlight caused their eyes to dart towards the window, Alex took out his own flashlight and flicked it, signalling the next phase.

Max tied her shoes on the first step of the stairs and the two ventured into the room with the blue light, still glowing as bright as it used too. Max went further towards it than Alex, who opted to stay in the doorway. Max took her headphones off and Alex's music suddenly stopped, signalling that she was open to attack.

"Hey!...Asshole...I'm here...No more music, no more games....do you hear me?...what are you waiting for huh...DO YOU WANT ME OR NOT?" 

The light from the lantern dimmed, but the harshness seemed to transfer towards Max's, she walked past Alex and began climbing the stairs, Alex followed suit until they reached the attic. When in the centre of the attic, Max gave Alex a look, him flashing her a small smile and a thumbs up, before the lantern fizzled out.

"What are you waiting for huh?...I'm right here" She repeated angrily.

Alex felt a slight pain in his head and looked to his right to see a faint, blurry outline of a girl around his age, she seemed to be speaking, although no words came out and Max was unaware of her presence.

"I know you can hear me, I know you can read my thoughts...even the worse ones. Maybe mostly the worst ones." She said, already with a tear in her eye.

Max placed the lantern down and took a seat, not being able to look back at Alex, who had his eyes glued to her with empathy.