Temporary Bliss State

3rd Person Pov

Alex continued to walk through the abandoned streets of the Russian villages mumbling to himself.

"Ok Alex, Hoppers gone...you don't know how to get back...but the sooner you get back the sooner you can see Max so don't give up" Alex looked crazy talking to himself.

He saw a large building that appeared to have people in it, the sign at the front was Russian but he could make out the word 'transport'. He looked to the left of the building to find a small plane with the pilot next to it smoking a cigarette. 

"That's convenient" Alex hummed as he lazily climbed over the fence he stood there frozen as the pilot was finishing his cigarette. "Ok ok ok...just go up to him...mind control him...easy peasy lemon squeezy" 

He took deep breathes and confidently walked up to the pilot, he said something in Russian and Alex stood there, he took another deep breath and readied himself.

"T̶̤̦̑a̶͠ͅk̶͙̅e̵̮̽̄....m̶͓̔ȅ̷͉....t̸̪̏̃o̴̱͛̄.....H̵̺̎͐ă̵͚̫ẃ̵͉̇k̵̇ͅí̴̧̯n̵̬͛s̴̮͊͠" Alex struggled to breathe out, the pilots eyes rolled to the back of their head and he wordlessly got into the drivers seat. Alex began cheering before a sharp sense of fatigue rolled over him, he climbed into the plane on his hands and knees and passed out the instant the doors closed.

The drugs never took away his abilities to mind control, it just made sure that it took all of Alex's willpower and strength for someone to do a basic command. He used to be able to send off five or six commands before needing a small rest, now due to the drugs he fell asleep.

Time skip

Alex heard the sputter of the plane engine and opened his eyes tired and yawning. He threw the shudders to the plane open and walked out, he found himself in the woods surrounding trees, it was the first time in a while he'd been somewhere relatively warm and the running around like a toddler around the woods gave it away.

"Oh thank you man" He said to the pilot who sat there emotionless.

After around 20 minutes of walking around aimlessly he stumbled across a house he recognized he sprinted up to it and frantically pounded on the door.

"MRS BYERS, MRS BYERS HELLOOOOOOOO!" Alex pounded with both hands. A woman who looked nothing like Joyce opened the door and stared at Alex.

"Can I help you?" She questioned.

"Oh wow Mrs Byers you've changed...where's Will he's probably like 30 now I haven't seen him in so long" He stumbled inside but didn't make it far before he was pushed out by the woman.

"I don't know who this 'Mrs Byers' is but its not me, sorry kid" She said as she slammed the door in his face.

Alex continued running and running until he spotted a house he recognized, he walked up to it and thought for a moment.

"I cant believe I'm about to be happy to see Mike" He said to himself as he knocked hardly on the door, he heard noises inside and got excited, he leant against the door as he knocked even harder.

"HOLD ON!" A voice Alex recognized as Ted Wheeler yelled, this filled Alex with such relief, he then thought the panic they might be to see someone who was believed to be dead. He reached into his pocket and took one of the pills to calm his nerves.

Suddenly the door swung open and Alex, who was unaware he was putting all his bodyweight onto the door, fell onto the floor face first, he turned around and looked up to see Nancy staring at him in disbelief.

"NANCY!" Alex yelled as he tried standing up, but tripped again and hit his face on the wall. He stood up a final time and stared at Nancy and Dustin, who stood there dumbfounded.