Glimpses Of Hope In Trying Times

3rd Person Pov

Its early in the morning when the door opens to reveal a doctor looking menacingly at the two. The doctor would come every morning to administer Alex his 'medicine'. It was just a coincidental side effect that the medicine suppressed his powers.

"Welp my friend, I'll see you in like... one maybe two hours" Alex said as he stumbled towards the doctor blissfully unaware.

Alex is brought to a room with a single chair with straps on it, he is pushed onto it and strapped in, the doctor leaves the room for a moment and brings out a variety of needles and pills. Recently they had to also put something over his mouth, because they found his drug induced blabbering annoying. 

The doctor stuck a variety of needles into Alex to keep him his now normal loopy self and then fed him pills, at the beginning of his stay, Alex had to be force fed the pills as he refused to, but recently he'd been asking to take them, he'd grown a dependency on them to keep him happy.

After that the guards took him to get his ankle chains checked which he was able to pass, he was then escorted by a guard to the same railroad track and placed next to Hopper.

"Soooo...Hopper...Hoppy...Hopperino my man...Hoppson" Alex giggled.

"What" Hopper said back.

"What's the plan...y'know...to es-" Alex was about to reveal the plan but was stopped.

"Shhh...you don't have a hammer, I'll break mine, you see that guy over there" Hopper said pointing to a guy guarding the shed?" Hopper said pointing to a guard guarding the shed.

"Uh huh uh huh" Alex nods frantically.

"Ok, so when he goes in, we'll follow and you'll mind control him" Hopper says. Alex looks at him for a moment before busting out into laughter.

"HAHAHA...oh man you are a real hoot you know that" Alex laughed.

"What's so funny" Hopper said angrily.

"If I could still mind control, we'd all get together and have a big party, then we'd mozzie our way out the front gates...I don't remember how to do it" Alex smiled as Hopper huffed.

"Well remember" Hopper said as a snap could be heard and the hammer he was using broke in half.

Hopper grabbed Alex's hand as he brought him to the shed as the guard aimed his rifle at the two, Alex was not paying attention in the slightest and nearly tripped when Hopper pulled him into the shed while the guards back was turned.

Hopper and Alex snuck up behind the guard and Alex let out an excited whistle, the guard turned around and Hopper was forces to knock him out, Alex reached for the hammer the guard was holding and turned to Hopper.

"Alright, back to work" He smiled as Hopper sat down and began removing the anklet.

"Take of your anklet" He ordered.

"Yes Mr Hoppy!" Alex giggled as he yanked the chain off in one painless motion as Hopper struggled to take his off.

"Where do you think your going American" The guard mocked in Russian as Alex turned around with his hands up.

"Oopsie...you caught us!" Alex laughed but he looked passed the guard into the outside and squinted. "What...is that?" 

The guard looked behind him confused and Alex started to strangle him with his chain, Hopper then took the but of the wood pole and knocked him out, but his finger fell on the trigger and sent a single bullet out of the shed.

The yells of other guards could be heard from the outside, Alex noticed a box of dynamite and lit it without thinking, Hopper quickly grabbed his wrist and yanked him out of a hole on the ceiling and around the back. The two quickly ran, Hopper was pained from his leg while Alex was laughing and smiling all the way through.

The two located a snowmobile and piled onto it avoiding gunshots of the guards, the two began to drive away as the other prisoners cheered, Alex turned to face them and stuck his middle fingers up.

"EAT THIS YOU COMMIE FUCKERS HAHAHA" He laughed as the two sped away.

Time skip

The two finally reached the church where their pilot would be waiting for them, the two entered cheering and hugging and they found a few large crates. Hopper opened one and found numerous pairs of jeans, the two quickly undressed and put the jeans on before Hopper found a crate of peanut butter. 

The two sat for a moment before shouts and yells of Russian guards sounding out, they both looked out the window and saw a bunch of Russian guards making their way towards them.

"Shit" Alex said panicking.

"You have to go" Hopper said.

"What, have you lost your mind" Alex yelled back.

"I'm not dealing with this, I'll distract them, you go...tell Eleven I love her" Hopper said as the yells got louder.

"No way Hoppy I'm not leaving you" Alex complained.

"GO!" He yelled as he went to the front door and began blocking it, Alex looked back to Hopper with a tear in his eye.

"I LOVE YOU MAN!" Alex said as he left out the other window, emerging out the other side, he began frantically running towards a house crying.

Alex cowered behind a house and was left to contemplate everything, he looked back towards the church, now a safe distance away and saw Hopper being escorted back to the prison, being beaten all the way back.

"...I don't even know how to get home"

Meanwhile

A familiar face approached Alex's tombstone, holding a letter. The face sat down crossed legged and swallowing deeply as she stared at the tombstone. She said nothing and opened up the letter and began reading.

Dear Alex

A lot has happened since I arrived here. But even more has happened since you left, I thought I might fill you in as to what's been happening with us, so you don't worry. Mr Clarke was a mess, he stopped teaching all together, he couldn't handle it, seeing the friends of his son was too much for him.

My parents split, you don't know this but Billy died that day to, I actually read his letter a bit ago, my parents got into a lot more fights...and the worst part was I didn't have you there to get me through it. 

I don't want you to feel guilty about leaving us, your a hero, you always were. But ever since you left...everything's been shit. If your out there, please give me a sign...anything. It kills me every time I see your favourite show on TV, or mom says she's making your favourite food. It sounds stupid I know but...I love you.

You saved me, you saved Dustin and Lucas and El and everyone else, but I can't tell people the real reason your gone, I cant tell everyone all about you. Thank you for your gift, I know I wasn't supposed to open it until my birthday but still, I listen to it all the time, you have probably the best voice I've ever heard and I'm not just saying that. Will said the album was unfinished, I'd give everything just to help you finish it. 

As selfish as it sounds, I wish you didn't go with Hopper and Mrs Byers, maybe then you'll still be alive. If I had just held you and never let go, you wouldn't be where you are now, or if I had come with you...maybe it would've been me and not you.

It sounds cheesy but I imagined our future. Growing up old together, maybe children, maybe a dog, I didn't put much thought into it until you left, then it was all I could think about. I'm ashamed in myself that I'm not doing as good in school, I know you'd never let that happen.

However, according to the others, there's this space wizard guy who's after me, so in a few days I could be joining you, I'm not looking forward to it...but I'm looking forward to seeing you. I love you so much it hurts me sometimes.

Love the girl who will listen to your singing no matter how bad it is,

Max