Last Moments Of Pure Recall

Alex Pov

"RUN" I say as I grab Max's hand and we rush down the halls to find a place to hide as the monster follows us. 

"L̵͇̫͆̂͝Ė̴͚̫̕À̷̢͕̼͛̈́V̴̨̢̪̚Ẻ̸͔̤́͒ ̴̻̀Ù̵̡̦̘͋͗S̷̪̿̇ ̸̨̟̫̓͠Ă̴̞̺͉L̴̲͂͌O̸̡̟͖̚N̶̙̜̣̔Ẽ̸͚!" I yell but it doesn't work on the far from human blob.

We continue running until we enter an empty room, still under construction. I pull Max behind me as a thick fleshy liquid flows underneath and reforms into the same hellish form, I try to protect Max but it pushes me aside and looms over Max, it roars in her face as I try to rip into its flesh but to no avail.

Suddenly, Eleven and the others burst through the door and with a couple of screams and hand movements, the monster was flung out the window. We all rushed outside and saw it melt itself down into a grate.

Time skip

We all sit in nervous anticipation as Eleven is in the other room trying to locate Heather, I've had to enter and refill the tissue box twice already as she's been looking for ages.

I sit on the sofa as Max sits on my lap, currently trying to ignore Mike's naive blathering, he is too convinced he knows Elevens limits and its driving everyone crazy.

"Mike...with all due respect, you don't know what the hell your talking about" I calmly tell Mike.

"Oh and you do?" He asks offendedly.

"I never said I did, but I have powers too, granted not as cool as El's but still...if anyone knows about her limits its me. And even then its not much, she will stop when she's had enough" I snap at him.

Max and Mike begin getting into a more heated argument and despite my best efforts when Max wants something, she tends to not stop until she gets it.

"Guys can you settle a debate for us, who should decide El's limits. Mike or Eleven?" She asks.

"The way you frame that is such bullshit" Mike whinges.

"Its not bullshit Mike its your whole problem, and its also the reason she dumbed your ass" Max argues.

"El dumped you?" Nancy asked, stirring the pot even more.

"Yeah because she's conspiring against me, she's corrupting her" Mike further complains.

"She's not yours, she's her own person who can make her own choices." 

"She's risking her life for no reason" Mike continues. At this point my head is in my hands as I'm the only one not in the argument, minus El.

"No reason Mike? the flayed are still out there" Nancy says ashamed.

"Flaying, Killing, Who knows what" Will adds.

"El's not stupid, she knows her abilities better than the rest of us, and she's her own person with her own free will" Nancy reasons.

"Exactly" Max says triumphantly. "She's saved the world twice and Mike still doesn't trust her" 

"You wanna talk about trust really, after you made her spy on us" Mike says.

"What?" Lucas says confused.

"Oh she didn't tell you, She got El to spy on us. I guess girlfriends don't lie they-" Mike goes to say but I had enough and removed my head from my hands.

"S̶̬͝t̵̖̔ô̶̱p̶͔̕ ̵̳̈́t̸͖͠a̴͇̓l̴̜̐k̸̫̂i̴̭̕n̵̩̔g̸̲͑.̴̳̿.̸́ͅ.̷̝̌p̸͇̀l̷̢̎e̷̳̎a̶̛͜s̵̛̫ë̴́͜" I say as I stand up and slowly walk over to them, all their eyes are glued at me but I don't look at anyone.

"Alex look I-" Mike goes to say but I cut him off.

"I'M TALKING! Yes, it is careless and a breach of privacy to spy on people without their permission, but its also careless to withhold information from her, especially useful information. El isn't like any of us, she's fourteen and we took her to the mall for the first time a few days ago, she's naive, easily manipulated. I'm not saying to stop talk to her, I'm saying to stop being such a tornado, constantly surrounding her. She needs to figure things out for herself, and you stopping her from doing that could literally mean the difference between saving the world and all of us dying. I know you love her...so prove it" I say and the room goes silent for a moment.

"H-how did you-" Mike says nervous before I cut him off.

"You talk in your sleep" I simply say and sit back down. Due to the extensive use of my voice and having gone basically a day without sleeping I doze off.

Time skip

I open my eyes to see Max stroking my hair staring at El who has a blindfold on.

"Oh shit, what'd I miss?" I ask.

"Finally your awake, El's trying to find Billy, I think she's looking into his memories." Max says as her eyes briefly meet mine.

"I think I found the source" El says as her nose bleeds.

"Where El? Where are you?" Max asks frantically. 

"Brimborn...Steelworks" She says as Jonathan rushes to the phone book to look for it.

"We got it, El get out of there...get out" Mike says when Jonathan finds it. However she stays completely still. She stays still for a while until she screams and and hugs Mike like her life depends on it, sobbing heavily. I look to Max and she looks back with the same worried expression.

Only two chapters left until season 4. I wanted to thank everyone for the continued support, after this book I might be making an 11 book. I definitely will be making one but I'm not sure whether or not to wait until I've done this book, or my Marvel book I'm working on, but that will take a while to finish so idk, comments and votes are great for my ego...k bye.