Chapter 1 Arrival

You were sitting on top of a bus heading to a place near Anima City. The bus turns a corner. Around the corner is an open view. From here you can see your future home of Anima City across the water. You sigh before you hear a loud noise from behind you. You panic and duck. You look above you as you see an arrow pass over your head. You look behind you. You see three human on motorcycles. One had a crossbow and another one had a crowbar. Following behind them was a black van that you assume probably has more of them in it. Damn it! beastman hunters!

You try to stand up but the bus shakes causing you to lose your balance and fall off the bus. You let out a yell as you tumble down the road. In order to stop yourself you get a grip on the ground and slowly screech to a half. However you have no time to cool down as the beastman hunters were following right behind you in their vehicles. "We not gonna let another one get away this time." One of them remarks. The guy on the motorcycle holding a crowbar catches up to you. He swings the crowbar just nearly missing as you move to the side dodging the attempted swing. You get up and run. But they still catch up to you. Another one of the motorcycles catches up to you. Thinking fast you shoulder tackle the rider knocking him off the motorcycle. You then jump over the road guard rail and fall down the cliff next to you. You mess up your landing and land on your back hitting your head on the ground. You cough up blood onto yourself. You hold your head with your hands as you dizzy. You see the beastman hunters close by following you down the cliff. You try to move but you are unable to get up. Everything was fading. You start to fall unconscious while you lay there on the ground.

"Aw, he's already dead." You hear one of them say with a disappointing sounding tone. "Well what do we do with him now?" You hear another hunter asks. "Hm... throw his body in the water." You hear one of them say before your vision fades to black and you become completely unconscious.

-2 hours later-

You wake up taking a big breath. You could feel water in your throat and lungs. You cough it out onto the sand you were laying on. You were ALIVE!? You look around seeing you were on a beach. There were other beastmen looking at you from far away. You sit up and catch your breath. Your body was soaking wet. Your head hurts like hell. You still even felt like passing out again. Your legs were weak.

Looking up you see a large city beyond the beach. Wait! Am I actually in Anima City!? You look behind you seeing the place you were at before you passed out. You were in Anima City! You're finally here. No more having to constantly live in fear of getting killed just because of who you are. Just as soon... as you get too... the... city. Your head hurt. You felt like you were going to pass out again. In fact you were about to pass out. You close your eyes and pass out again.

Shirou's POV

Dammit I failed yet another mission. I'm going to have to report my failure. I spot something out of the corner of my eye while walking by the beach. It was a dog beastman washed up on the shore. Hm... maybe I should go check if they're okay. It is my duty as the protector of beastmen. I walk over next to the passed out beastman. They seemed to be soaking wet. He looks badly injured. He has a black eye and his ankle looks twisted. Hm... it would be faster if I took him to the hospital myself then if I waited for an ambulance to get here. I pick the unconscious beastman up and look around before rushing him to the hospital.

-the next day-

Y/N's POV

You start to slowly wake up. You look around seeing that you were in a hospital bed. How'd you get here. You touch your head feeling bandages wrapped around it. You look down at your leg seeing a cast on it. Your clothing was replaced with a hospital gown. The door in front of your bed opens. A person walks into the room with a clipboard. From their clothing they seem to be a doctor. "Oh you're awake." The doctor says. You were confused. Last you remember you blacked out on the beach. "How did I get here?" You ask. The doctor writes something on their clipboard. "Mr. Ogami brought you here. He said he found you passed out on the beach." They inform you. Huh? Mr. Ogami? Who's that? "We already examined you. It seems you have a twisted ankle and a head injury." The doctor says.

Dammit, looks like you won't be walking much. You'll have to wait to explore Anima City. "You'll have to be on bed rest for at least three days with supervision." They say. You sigh. Just then you hear a knock on the door. The doctor opens the door. "Oh Mr. Ogami. I assume you're here to check on the patient." The doctor asks. "Actually I was sent here to ask him a few questions." You hear someone with a deep voice say from behind the door. "Oh, come on in then." The doctor says moving out from in front of the door. You see a tall muscular wolf beastman walk into the room. He stares into your E/C eyes.

"I'm Shirou Ogami. I'm here to ask you a few questions." The tall wolf beastman says pulling a notepad and pen out of his pocket. So this must be Mr. Ogami. The one who found you washed up on the beach. "Okay." You respond. "First question, what is your name?" Shirou asks. "Uhm, my name is Y/N L/N." You answer. Shirou writes your name down in his notes. "So, Y/N, we looked through our records and we couldn't find anything suggesting that your a resident here in Anima City. So are you new here?" Shirou asks. "Yes sir, I washed up here after I got attacked by a group of beastman hunters." You answer. Shirou writes that down in his notes. "Do you have any past or current gang or crime involvement?" Shirou asks. "No." You respond. Shirou writes in his notes.

"Do you have any place to live at currently?" Shirou asks. "No, I haven't even thought about that yet." You say. "Hm... good news for you. There's an extra room at the Beastman Co-op. You can stay there for free until you get a home for yourself." The wolf says. Well you guess that solves the 'not having a house' issue. "I'll be taking you there once the hospital is done with your paperwork." Shirou says. "Oh, uhm thanks..." You say. Shirou just responds with a hmph. "Any other questions for me?" You ask. "No that will be all." Shirou says.

Shirou starts to walk out of the room. "Wait." You say. He stops and looks back. "What?" He asks. "Uhm, thank you sir for taking me to the hospital when you found me. I probably would have gotten pretty sick if I was just left there." You thank him. "Hm, your welcome." He says. "Also you don't have to call me sir. Just call me Shirou." He adds. He then walks out of the room.

-30 minutes later-

Shirou walks back in the room later. "Your paper works all done. Also take these." He says before tossing a black shirt and a pair of jeans onto the bed. "Oh thanks." You say. "And these." He tosses a pair of crutches on the bed. You pick up the clothes. You wait for him to leave so you can change. "Uh, could I get a little privacy? So I can change." You ask confused. Shirou looks away. "Oh uhm yeah." Shirou says. He then walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

You change into the clothes you were given. Afterwards you grab the crutches on your bed. You try walking with them. You've never used crutches before so you had a hard time using them. You trip and fall. "Ow! Crap!" You exclaim at the pain when you hit the ground. Shirou knocks on the door. "You okay in there?" He asks in a monotone voice.

"No." You respond. He opens the door. He looks down seeing you on the ground. "Am I going to have to carry you?" He asks sounding slightly annoyed. He helps you up and hands you your crutches. "N-no I can do it" You say standing up with your crutches. "Follow me." Shirou commands you. Shirou starts walking down the hall. You start to follow him. You quickly get a hang of walking with the crutches.

to be continued...