Chapter 4 Collapse

Shirou was running down the street carrying you since you couldn't keep up with him. Just then you heard an explosion. A large cloud of smoke started to rise from across the city. "Dammit! I don't have time to take you back." Shirou says. He rushes off to the location of the explosion carrying you along with him. Wait! He's getting you caught up in this!? What happened to getting bed rest?

You two arrive at the location. You see a burning apartment building with a huge hole in the side of the lower floor. The building was crumbling apart. It looked like it was about to cave in. You could hear cries for help coming from inside the destroyed building. "Stay here." Shirou says setting you down. "Wait, you're going in!?" You ask. The wolf beastman looks back at the burning building. "It's my job to save them. I'll be alright."

You watch as Shirou disappears into the burning building. All you could do is sit there and wait. Minutes go by with no signs of Shirou. You start to worry. Is he okay? Then you hear the voice of what sounds like a child coming from inside the building. "Someone please help!" You hear the voice call out. Did Shirou miss somebody!? The voice sounded like it was coming from the second floor.

Shirou still hadn't gotten out and the building looked like it was about to collapse. Come on, you can't just sit here. You grab your crutches and stand up. Not thinking you make your way into the building. You could still hear the child calling for help interrupted by the occasional coughing. Gotta hurry. You quickly follow the sound of the voice as the building crumbles down around you. The voice eventually goes silent. Shit!

You reach the second floor and rush as fast you can to the location of the voice eventually reaching a room filled with smoke and fire. You cough as the smoke fills your lungs. You spot the child passed out on the floor. You make your way over to them leaving one of your crutches behind so you could pick up the child. You start to panic as the building seems like it's going to cave in. 

You quickly make your way down to the second floor struggling to get down the stairs. It was hard to breathe through the smoke. You start heading towards the exit but you trip on some of the rubble on the ground and lose your other crutch while falling to the ground. You look at the kid in your arms. They seemed relatively uninjured from the fall. You notice that the ceiling above you was getting ready to give in. You couldn't get up. The exit wasn't far away. You could see other people just outside. You try crawling towards the exit. You can't die here!

Suddenly you see something flash by you. Next thing you know you were in Shirou's arms. "I thought I told you to stay outside!" Shirou yells at you. You try to respond but all you could muster is a cough. Shirou rushes out the exit with you and the child in his arms. 

You cough and gasp for air. Shirou sets you and the child down.

Shirou's POV

Dammit! What was that idiot thinking!? Just going into a burning building. I crouch down to them. I put my ear up to the kid to make sure they're still breathing. From the sounds of it their breathing was returning to normal now that they were outside. As for Y/N he seemed to have been burned on his right arm. It doesn't look too serious. I'll put cream on it when we get back. Other than that his breathing seemed to quickly become normal. Y/N looks at me with frown on his face. "I-I'm sorry for not listening to you..." He apologizes. I nod in response. Even though I am mad at him right now, what's important is that he and the child are okay. "Just relax and get some rest." I say. 

 A woman rushes over to the unconscious child that Y/N was carrying. I assume it's the mother of the kid. I luckily managed to get everyone out. It's strange... How'd I miss that child when saving the others in the building? I'll have to investigate later.

to be continued...