Chapter 2 The Co-op

You and Shirou are walking to the Co-op building he mentioned. It was taking a while since you have to use crutches to walk. You decide to use this time to maybe learn a few things about Shirou. "So Shirou, what's your job?" You ask trying to strike up a conversation. "I'm a social worker and special task agent." Shirou informs you.

"A special agent? So does that mean you go on cool missions?" You ask curiously with a hint of excitement. "I wouldn't exactly call my missions 'cool' My missions are important and are to protect Anima city and the beastmen within the city." Shirou says. Wow, He seems to take his job seriously.

"So this Beastman Co-op that I'll be living at. Are there a lot of other beastmen living there?" You ask. "No, only five people currently live there. One of them is me. You can meet the other residents when we get there." Shirou says. You two continue to walk until Shirou stops at the corner of an intersection.

He turns to the building to your right. "We're here." He says. You look at the building. There's a large sign that says Beastman Co-op on the building. He walks over to the door and holds it open. "Come on." He says.

You walk inside the building. "Thanks for holding the door." You tell Shirou. "No problem." He says. Inside the building you see a set of stairs. Oh great, how are you going to get up with your crutches? Just then you feel a pair of hands grab you. Huh?

You turn around and see Shirou behind you. "Here, I'll carry you up." He says. Uhm... well that would definitely fix the problem. But... is he really strong enough to carry you up the stairs? Well, it's worth a shot you guess. "Uh, okay." You say. The big wolf picks you up in his arms and holds you bridal style. This is a little awkward. A small blush appears on your face. You hold your crutches in your arms.

"Don't make this weird... Also try not to hit me in the face with those." He says referring to your crutches. You nod. He holds you as he walks up the stairs. You two eventually reach the top of the stairs entering a hallway. He sets you down before walking over to one of the doors in the hallway. You use your crutches to stand up and then walk over to Shirou.

Shirou knocks on the door. It soon opens. A woman opens the door with a smile on her face. "Oh Shirou welcome back." She says while looking at Shirou. She then looks at you. "Oh, and you must be Mr. L/N! It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Melissa." She says in a cheery voice while holding her hand out for you to shake. "Yeah, nice to meet you too." You say as you shake hands with her. 

Melissa invites you inside and you all sit down at a table. A man with red hair and a beard also joins you. "Welcome to the Beastman Co-op. My husband Gem over here is the head of the Beastman cooperative. Part of our job is to look after all newcomers." Melissa says.

 Melissa slides forward a piece of paper to you. "Also, you are going to need to fill this out so you can register as a resident here. You'll need to turn it in at city hall once you're done." She says pointing to the paper. "Oh, thank you. I'll do that. " You say. 

"As for your room. We don't really have a room set up for you yet but there is a bed in Shirou's closet. You can sleep there for now." Melissa says. "Hm, sounds good for now." You say. Just then you hear footsteps coming down the steps. You turn to see a tanuki girl standing at the edge of the steps. She was also looking back at you.

"Who's this?" She asks. "This is Y/N. He's new to Anima city and will be staying here." Shirou says. She walks up to the table. "Well then, it's nice to meet you Y/N. I'm Michiru." She says in a cheerful tone. "Oh, nice to meet you too, Michiru." You say back.

"Anyways, Shirou. Could you please show Mr. L/N where he'll be sleeping." Melissa says. "Yeah, let's go Y/N." Shirou says standing up. You follow him until you get to his room. He opens the door. "This is my room." Shirou says. You step inside and look around the room. The room was very big. It has a large window that was above the entrance of the building. Along the walls there were shelves containing Ogami's belongings. 

Shirou then leads you to another door within his room. "And this is where you'll be staying." He says, opening the door to reveal a small room filled with boxes and unused belongings. You walk into the closet. "It's a bit cramped in here." You say. Shirou walks into the closet behind you.

Shirou walks out in front of you now in his human form. You were surprised by his human form. He looked way younger than you expected him to look. He looked even around your age. He pulls out a bed in the center of the room. He then looks back at you. "Can you not transform into your human form?" He asks. 

"Oh uhm, yeah." You say. You transform into your human form. Shirou seems a little surprised. "Uh, is something wrong?" You ask. "No, you're just not what I expected." He says looking away. What does he mean by that?

"Uhm, anyway just don't make too much noise. I'll be in my room if you need anything." Shirou says before walking back into his room and closing the door. You walk over to your bed and sit down. You set your crutches next to the bed. You look out the window at Anima City.

"Looks like this is my new home." You say to yourself.

to be continued...