Chapter 5 Two Days Later

You wake up. You feel strangely comfy... Where were you? You start to open your eyes. You look around realizing you were in Shirou's room. You were laying on a bed. You wonder how you got here. You hear the door open. You look over to see Shirou entering the room. He immediately notices you awake. 

"Ah, so you're up..." Shirou walks beside the bed and sits down. The wolf eyes you with an expression that you couldn't seem to pinpoint. "You're really irresponsible." Shirou says bluntly. You sigh. He's right...

For some reason he didn't seem mad or angry. "Next time I tell you not to do something... Listen to me... You could have died." Shirou says. You look at him with a confused head tilt. "So... you're not mad?" You ask.

Shirou looks away and shakes his head. Ugh... why's he so hard to read. Shirou reaches into the pocket of his coat. "Anyways here is your proof of residents and insurance. I just picked them up from City Hall." He says as he sets a white large envelope down on the bed. You pick up the envelope. "Oh... uh thank you. I thought it would have taken longer to get these processed..." You say.

Shirou raises an eyebrow. "Actually you've been out for the past 2 days." Your eyes shoot open and you let out an audible surprised gasp. "You passed out shortly after you exited the burning building. You seemed completely okay though, so I brought you back here ." Shirou adds. 

"Wait! So I passed out and you didn't take me to the hospital!?" You ask. Shirou grunts. "There was no need for it. You're okay now right?" Shirou asks. "Uh... yeah, I guess." You respond. 

The wolf gets up from the bed and walks towards the door. Before exiting he turned towards you. "Also please try not to shed on my bed. I still want it back." He says. Wait... so this is his bed? You wonder why he'd let you sleep in it... Maybe that wolf actually has a sweet side to him...

A thought then pops into your head. It's been almost 3 days... Maybe you're able to walk again! Without hesitation. You scooch to the side of the bed. You put one foot on the ground soon followed by your foot that was in a cast still. You close your eyes and slowly stand up realizing how off your balance was. None the less you were standing and your ankle didn't hurt as much. 

You open your eyes as a grin appears on your face. Now you can go see everyone else. You start walking with the first few steps being a little wobbly but soon you started to get the hang of walking normally again. You exit Shirou's room and look around. 

"Oh look who's up. Hey Y/N!" You hear an energetic voice greet from behind you. You turn around to see Michiru the tanuki girl staring at you. "Oh, hi." You say waving. She walks up to you. "Heh, so sleepy head did you enjoy your nap?" Michiru asks jokingly with a smile. "Oh, yeah... I uh, definitely overslept a little though." You say before laughing nervously. 

"Well now Shirou can have his bed back. He's been sleeping on the couch." The tanuki girl looks behind you. "Oh speaking of him." You turn around seeing the big wolf man. He was carrying a plate with bacon and toast on it. "Oh... you're walking I see..." Shirou says before handing you the plate. "Oh for me? Thanks.." You say and smile. "Don't thank me... Thank Melissa. She's the one who made it." Shirou says shrugging off your gratitude.

Shirou eyes you. "Well now that you can walk I guess I no longer have to carry you..." The wolf man says with a smirk. "Well, you can still carry me if you want.~" You say teasingly. Shirou looks a little stunted by your offer. You swear you can see his face becoming a little red. "I... uhm-" Shirou stutters. You chuckle and put your hand on his shoulder. "I'm just joking, Shirou. No need to get flustered." You tell him. 

He moves your hand off his shoulder and scoffs. You can hear Michiru chuckle behind you. "Okay, I'm gonna go eat." You say. Shirou stops you. "Actually Y/N, since you seem okay now. I was wondering if you'd like to go with me later. After we get your cast off. I'm still investigating the building that blew up and it would be helpful to have someone else who was at the scene with me." Shirou asks. You ponder taking his offer. After thinking about it for a bit you accept his offer.

-to be continued-