Chapter 3 Trouble at the Diner

You wake up. You slowly sit up and look around. You stop as you see a shadowy figure standing in the corner of the room. What the!? Seeing this you freak out and try to get up and run forgetting about your twisted ankle. You fall to the floor. "Ow!" 

The figure walks forward revealing that it was just Shirou. "Shirou, what the hell are you doing in here? You scared me." You say. He walks up to you and helps you up off the floor. "It's my closet. I was... coming in here to get something." Shirou says. 

You grab your crutches and stand up. "Anyways, did you get that paperwork done?" He asks. "Yeah, I got it done last night. It should be over there on that shelf." You say pointing to a shelf. "Good. I'll take you to city hall so you can turn it in. Get ready." Shirou says. 

"Wait, now? But, I just woke up." You say. "You can eat breakfast later. This is more important." He says. "Also aren't I supposed to be on bed rest for three days?" You ask. "This is mandatory. You can rest when you get back." Shirou says.

You two leave with Shirou having to carry you down the stairs. After you two get outside you start heading towards city hall. Eventually you two reach it. You look up at the tall blue building that is the city hall. "This is it." Shirou says. You two walk inside the building and take the elevator inside up to the resident section.

There's a long line in front of the desk that you need to be at. "Wow, that's a long line." You say. "Okay, I'm done here. See you later." Shirou says. "Wait, you're just going to leave me?" Shirou starts to walk off. "I happen to have other business to deal with here." He says. Just as he's leaving some large guy shoves you away making you fall on the ground. "Out of the way. I'm in a hurry." He says.

"Hey that's my spot! Jerk!" You shout at him. You grab your crutches and get up. "Well it's mine now pipsqueak!" The man says. You were mad at how rude this random guy was being. You transform into your beastman form. The man was already cutting more people in the line. "Hey! You gotta wait your turn like everyone else!" You shout. 

"Oh yeah!? Well what are you going to do about it!?" He says transforming into his large grizzly bear animal form. The guy was far taller than you. On top of that you had a twisted ankle. You definitely were outmatched. How are you going to get yourself out of this?

"I uh..." You stutter to say something. "That's right! Stay in your lane." The guys say before turning back around. You sigh in annoyance. All you could do was patiently wait in line. 

-1 hour later-

It was finally your turn after what seemed like hours of waiting in line. You give your papers to the lady at the desk. "Oh, just a second!" She says. She starts typing some stuff onto her keyboard. You feel someone tap you on the shoulder. Dammit this better not be someone trying to cut you in line. You turn to see Shirou standing there. "Is it done yet?" He asks. He sounded bored and impatient.

"Oh Shirou, yeah almost done." You tell him. The lady at the desk finishes typing. "Done! Thank you for waiting. Y/N L/N, you are officially a resident of Anima city." She says. "Oh, uhm thank you." You say.

You and Shirou walk out of the building. "So what were you doing Shirou?" You ask. Shirou looks at you. "I can't tell you. It's classified." He says. You assume it has something to do with his job. "Uhm... okay. Anyways, I'm really hungry right now. Could we go get something to eat?" You ask.

"Hm... Yeah, I know a place that serves breakfast." Shirou says. "Sounds good to me." You say. He takes you to an average looking diner. You two walk inside the diner and take a seat at one of the tables. "So, how many times have you been to this place?" You ask. "Hm? This is my first time here." Shirou says. 

Wait... what? You assumed he had at least been here once before. A waiter walks up to take your order. You order bacon, eggs, and toast.  For some reason Shirou doesn't order anything. The waiter soon brings your food. You start eating.

Shirou gets up. "I'll be right back. Stay here!" He says before walking off. You shrug and continue eating before you notice he's going into the kitchen. "What the-" You say to yourself. "Hey! You can't be back here!" You hear someone shout from the kitchen. What the hell is he doing!? You start to hear commotion coming from the kitchen. You get up and sneak over to the door to see what's going on. You open the door to see Shirou holding a man who looks to be the chef up by the neck against a wall. "I know you're hiding them. Where are the humans!?" He shouts at the man. 

"Shirou! What the hell are you doing!?" You shout. He looks back at you. "Y/N! I thought I told you to wait!" Shirou scolds you. The man he had held up against the wall uses the opportunity of Shirou being distracted to transform into his animal form becoming a cheetah. He slipped out of Shirou's grasp. He almost seemed to disappear due to how fast he was. 

Just then you felt a hand cover your mouth. The man had slipped behind you. He had a kitchen knife up to your throat. "If you move and I'll kill him!" The cheetah chef shouts.  Yikes... Looks like you've gotten yourself into a pretty bad situation. You can't move much with that knife up to your throat. 

You blink and suddenly Shirou's gone. "I'd drop that knife if I were you." Shirou says from behind. How did he get behind him. Shirou grabs the cheetah's hand crushing it with his hand. The cheetah man yells in pain before dropping the knife to the ground. Shirou then grabs the cheetah by the neck and slams him into the ground. "Now tell me where the humans are or I'll make sure you can't run away." Shirou says grabbing one of the cheetahs legs seemingly about to break it.

"Fine! I'll tell you! We're transporting them in through our delivery trucks. If you want to find them they should be in the warehouse we get our supplies from." The cheetah says. You were still trying to process what was happening.

"Good, now you're going to wait here for the police." Shirou says pulling out a pair of handcuffs. He handcuffs the man and picks him up. He walks over to the kitchen supply closet and tosses the man in before locking it from the outside.

"That should take care of that." Shirou says. He then turns towards you. "I thought I told you to stay at the table." He scolds you. "What was all that!?" You ask. "This diner was sneaking human terrorists into Anima City. The mayor tasked me with finding out where they are keeping the humans." The wolf informs you. Sneaking in human terrorists. "So what did all that have to do with that guy?" You ask. 

"He's the boss and the head chef here. The terrorists paid him to help them get into Anima City through the delivery trucks." Shirou answers. "So he's a sell out." You remark. "Pretty much." Shirou adds. 

"Also, you need to listen when I tell you something. You could have gotten killed." Shirou tells you. "Well, maybe you shouldn't leave me oblivious to what's happening." You tell him. Shirou sighs. "Listen, I don't have time to argue with you. There are terrorists on the loose and I need to find them before anyone gets hurt." Shirou says. "Now come on. I need to take you back to the Co-op. After that I've got some business I need to take care of." Shirou says walking out of the kitchen.

to be continued...